looking for Australian 1A routines

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

B

Bobby

I did try googling every combo I could think of and didn't find anything online.
Could someone please tell me what the 1A (Australian) routines look like - assuming they are "routines" as such??
Do IDP gymnasts generally progress through levels or just have skills signed off in ideal testing to move up??
Is there a site that lists the contents of IDP and NDP routines for curious people to look up??

Thank you!!
I take it then that that there are no IDP 1 (or IDP 2) routines, and that girls training IDP just do the same routines as NDP but in competition are separated into a '1/2 A' category??

I think that might be an old link. IDP 1 + 2 do have routines and there is no longer A, B and C divisions in levels. IDP is completely different and there is now NDP Level 1 + 2, as well as level 1 prep and level 2 prep (NSW). Have you tried youtube? I know there was an IDP comp on this weekend on Sydney so you might get lucky and someone might put them up soon. NDP and IDP won't usually compete together as judges now need a higher qualification to judge IDP than NDP. IDP girls usually do IDP 1,2,3 then IDP5,6,8 and 10.
I have a feeling u can only see the routines if you purchase the manual on the GA site.
Hope this helps.
Megz xx

There is some info here on the structure, but not the actual routines,

IDP Program

As I understand it there are separate IDP routines for levels 1-3, when I watch the IDP gymnasts train at my kids gym, their routines are different to the NDP girls.

I found a link that confirms there are new separate routines (for IDP 1 and 2) but not the details. Women's Gymnastics Coaching Resources Any coaches (Pineapplelump? Aussiecoach?) out there who know what's on the CD roms (re what IDP 1 routines are)??
Meantime I'm still interested to know what the NDP 1 routines include?
Thanks all!!

The link I post above includes the NDP and NDP preparation routines.
As I understand it, but I may be wrong, NDP prep is the old "C" level and NDP is the old "B" level.
1a/2a/3a was previously the pathway to International level, but that has now been replaced by IDP 1/2/3

I can tell you idp 1 routines it is

bars: chin up pull over, cast into backhip circle, underswing and 3 long swings, this is done on a loop bar.
floor: bridge to stand, tic tok, pike backward roll, pike forward roll, then round off.
beam: jump into straddle, then get up into forward kicks, back kicks, L handstand, and straight jump.
Vault: straight jump

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back