WAG "Made in America" - did anyone watch it?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

CoachMeg

Coach
Here's the link if you were not able to watch it:

It's about 40 minutes long but it's a pretty fast watch. It was basically a play-by-play of the USA Gymnastics team since 2001. It's pretty cool to watch, and definitely gets me hyped for Rio.

However, I thought it was weird...they didn't interview McKayla? They interviewed every single one of the other 2012 Olympic team members, except for her. Just seemed very odd.

Yes, dd and I watched it last night. Loved the "behind the scenes" footage. It seemed to be a pretty broad brush stroke, but I still thought it gave some insight to what goes on and was a good summary of the US Women's rise to the top. I especially liked the World's summaries. I don't know as much about those teams so that was nice to see.

Here's the link if you were not able to watch it:

It's about 40 minutes long but it's a pretty fast watch. It was basically a play-by-play of the USA Gymnastics team since 2001. It's pretty cool to watch, and definitely gets me hyped for Rio.

However, I thought it was weird...they didn't interview McKayla? They interviewed every single one of the other 2012 Olympic team members, except for her. Just seemed very odd.

Appreciate the link. I'll share with my daughter.

There was a recent thread here regarding Mckayla following an hour long interview she had conducted where she was critical of USAG. Could be retribution. Curious when the filming took place as to whether Mckayla was interviewed but subsequently left on the cutting room floor. Conversely, she could have simply refused to be interviewed.

Use a VPN, that's what I did :) one that's very easy and free to get is Hola. I would recommend you uninstall it again after watching, though, because it's not particularly secure. To make it work you may need to clear your cookies and cache. The documentary's worth the watch because it's well made and has the 2004 girls in it (!) but it's basically a highlights video from the last 15 years, so if you're looking for a documentary rather than a celebration, this isn't it.

Use a VPN, that's what I did :) one that's very easy and free to get is Hola. I would recommend you uninstall it again after watching, though, because it's not particularly secure. To make it work you may need to clear your cookies and cache. The documentary's worth the watch because it's well made and has the 2004 girls in it (!) but it's basically a highlights video from the last 15 years, so if you're looking for a documentary rather than a celebration, this isn't it.

Tried that before I complained, lol. Hola will not work even, very strange because I use it all the time to watch US shows.

you can't pull it up from youtube? weird...

Yes, I can "see' it on YT but it will not play because it is region restricted.

Mine was being very picky as well, but clearing both cookies and cache ("from the beginning of time" is the option you want to select, if you're using Chrome) did the trick for me. Here are the instructions from the official troubleshooting page:

Hola is on, but I still can't access the web page I want to see. What should I do?
Try each of these separately:

• Go to the site you want to access, then click the Hola extension icon and choose the flag of the country you want to view the site from
  • If that does not work, disable and enable the Hola extension
  • Try forcing the site to reload by pressing the CTRL and F5 (or Shift + refresh button)
  • Clear your browser's cache, including the cookies (typically under 'Settings' > 'Privacy' or keyboard shortcut CTRL +SHIFT + DELETE)
  • Close the browser,reopen it, and try again
  • Disable other extensions to check if any of them is causing the problem
  • Uninstall Hola from the browser. Then, go to Hola's site and click 'Get Hola, it's free!'
  • Disable other VPN (Virtual Private Server), proxy software, or other softwares which might conflict with Hola e.g., IE tab, Avast WebRep, Flash Blocker, NoScript
  • Test your Hola VPN by going to www.ip2nation.com:

• It should show the country which you are browsing from. Click the Hola extension icon > under 'Select Country' choose United States, or any other country. The ip2nation.com page will refresh, and should show that the country you are browsing from is United States, or the country you chose. If it does not, continue with the steps below
  • Make sure you have the latest version of your browser:
  • Disable your antivirus or firewall (at your risk) to see if they are causing the problem
  • If you still have problems, please see the problem report
https://hola.org/faq

Try these?

Not worth that hoopla for a YT video, I used Hola to watch some other US shows afterwards, with no issues. I will watch it in the US next week.

Editing Courtney M down to the BRIEFEST glimpse come on lol
They showed her twice, didn't they? In the middle part and then at the very end. It took me a second to figure out who it was as she looks quite different. It was a bit of an odd appearance tho.

They showed her twice, didn't they? In the middle part and then at the very end. It took me a second to figure out who it was as she looks quite different. It was a bit of an odd appearance tho.

I did like the clip they got of her at the end- what she said about what she took from gymnastics and how she's used that in every aspect of her life. Very nice sound bite.

Definitely a little propaganda-ish, I had the Makayla thing in the back of my mind while watching. But still makes you wanna say "GO USA," and when the 2012 team was announced, I teared up a bit, lol.

Of course we can pick out some negatives........in reality, the team has accomplished a lot and I got goosebumps......It almost seemed like a farewell to Marta.
I was very impressed with all these young women and with the US System however way it is. It's still the best in the world and I think that most of these athletes still go on to have successful adult lives, post gymnastics.......I'm not sure I can say this of all other countries.......that's a big deal in itself....

Finally got to watch it I actually cried watching Alicia. It felt very much like a celebration of USA Gymnastics. You can see the oversights if you look for them, but I found it a nice piece. It showed the injuries. It showed heroines falling and new ones rising. Marta's not perfect, but I give her a lot of props. Thumbs up from me.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back