MAG MAG events ,

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Men's Artistic Gymnastics
I'm currently training on 4 events Floor, Rings, Vault, And High Bar. I'm looking to add Pommel Horse and Parallel Bars, so that i can become an All-Around gymnast. My coach tells me that im not ready to add those events,but I think I am. I'm not trying to go against his wishes but we have a open gym coming up and I want to show him I'm ready,or at least attempt to show him , but I need someone to tell me the things that go in the routine.I know pommel horse requires scissor moves and russian swings, but im confused about p-bars. If anyone can help me i will very much appreciate it. :confused:

I have two responses:

1) To directly answer your question, pommel horse requires at least one skill from each of the following categories: scissors, circles, travelling circles, russians/moores/wendes, and a dismount.

2) To address your situation: will your coach not tell you what's required? I mean, the way you're phrasing this post strikes me as a bit odd. Are you training those events, but just not competing them? Has your coach worked with you on these events? What sort of competition will you be entering?

all he has me do is condition on it I've been doing that for months now. Im training it but not training big skills, i guess i never asked him what was in it , maybe i need to talk with my coach thanks for helping and im training for a mini meet next month to see whose ranked what in the gym.

What level are you? If you're in compulsories then you can look up the routine. If not then a previous poster answers what is required on pommel at least.

Have you done anything on p bars or horse before?

10. yes ive done compulsories in younger level, but i stopped competing and just conditioned on those two events, can you give me a link for the 2013-2016 CoP

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back