makeup

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I just started team so I dont know really anything about team ?
Do you have to wear make up for a competition ?
and if you do is there a certain amount of make up you have to wear ?
And are you allowed to wear nail polish ?

nail polish is not allowed on fingers or toes. Make-up is allowed but most girls I see don't wear any. I'm sure some older girls might wear a little but it's not like cheer where you doll yourself up. Less is best. Lots of girls wear the glitter in their hair but you have to be careful not to spray too much because if it comes off (a lot, not a few specks) on the equipment they can deduct points from you.

Our gym's rule is "If you wear makeup to school, you can wear it to the meets" but I know that some gyms like their girls to wear a little bit. Ask your coach. Nail polish is supposed to be a "no-no" though I have seen debates on this site about whether or not it's actually a deduction. I have never heard of deductions for your hair "raining" glitter. My experience is that, at least on my daughter's super-blonde hair, you have to use a lot before you can even see it. It can be a bit itchy too. So I would say, if you're used to wearing makeup, you can wear it, but keep it subtle. Skip the nail polish and use your own best judgement about the hair glitter. If you do like the hair glitter, stock up on it for cheap after Halloween.

Just make sure your hair is tied back and won't get in your eyes. I don't wear nail polish nor do I wear makeup to meets.

I don't think there is an offical rule against makeup but I don't think the judges like to see overly made up girls either. My DD doesn't wear any she says its just a distractor factor and one more thing to worry about (is my make up running, do I have racoon eyes etc) so she doesn't wear any at all. She says when she gets nervous she can sweat and that just messes up the makeup. She does do a little hair glitter but that is about it.

Check with your gym many gyms have rules about what they want for their team members. Our old gym everyone with a high bun no bangs and sprayed to the max. No nail polish at all and no make up with the exceptiong of may be a little mascara. Hair glitter was fine.

Our gym sponsored a Q&A session with a judge for the parents last year. She told us that there is no official deduction for nail polish, but most gyms have a no nail polish policy. The judge explained it like this...you really don't want to do anything to draw extra attention to your fingers or toes as deductions for "not fully extended" or "toes not pointed" may be more noticible. Check with your gym about the make-up rule and hairstyle rule.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News