DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

JBS

ChalkBucket Founder
Staff member
Gold Membership
Coach
Proud Parent
McKayla Maroney fractured her tibia (around 1:10 in the video) at the Tour of Champions...looks like it was bound to happen to me...the landing wasn't that hard. Aly Raisman flies off the bars a little later in the video.

Here is the video:

[video=youtube;1p5HVanlmuQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p5HVanlmuQ&t=1m10s[/video]

McKayla Maroney, Aly Raisman Injured During Kellogg's Tour of Gymnastics Champions: Report (VIDEO)

McKayla Maroney & Aly Raisman Injured on Kellogg's Tour : People.com

US gymnast McKayla Maroney has surgery to repair fracture in leg

McKayla Maroney Injured at the Second Stop of a 40-City Tour, Possibly Because Organizers Skimped On Padding

she had surgery last week. couple of screws. she's okay and will be okay.:)

she had surgery last week. couple of screws. she's okay and will be okay.:)
I imagine the pre-existing injury she had must have been more serious than let on if that landing resulted in a fracture that required surgery. Though I can only imagine how jarring landing on 2 mats atop concrete would be, especially on an already weakened limb. Perhaps hundreds of people requesting refunds once they hear of the loss of McKayla and Gabby for many shows will prompt them to revamp tour plans?

I imagine the pre-existing injury she had must have been more serious than let on if that landing resulted in a fracture that required surgery. Though I can only imagine how jarring landing on 2 mats atop concrete would be, especially on an already weakened limb. Perhaps hundreds of people requesting refunds once they hear of the loss of McKayla and Gabby for many shows will prompt them to revamp tour plans?

Gabby's out too???????

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back