Parents Meet report...little and big DD!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

UnoMas

Proud Parent
Well, older DD and younger DD had their home meet yesterday. It was my little DD's first "big" meet. Thank you to all who gave suggestions on how to reassure her...and guess what..SHE HAD FUN!:)
There were no places given since it is level 2, which I loved, just ribbons for scores and an all around medal.
She was pretty much in the 8's except for floor which I think the judges were pretty mean on!:(
vault 8.65
beam 8.00 (really good fwd roll!)
bars 8.10
floor 7.00:(
She has a lot of things to work on before our next in-house meet...it will be interesting to see what she figures out.

Older DD was the victim of some tough scoring on floor and beam, especially floor. Look at the video and see what you think about the floor and the 8.950. I'm interested to see what deductions people see.
Anyway she had fun too, here is the report...
Vault 9.05 (no place) personal best
Beam 8.25 (9th place) really low score here:(
Bars 9.400 (2nd place) pretty awesome, if it were not for a couple pauses would have been higher
Floor 8.950 (4th place and best RO BHS she has ever done in her life!)
AA 35.65 (6th place out of 18)

So, not her best meet but good scores besides the beam. She definitely had some bobbles and issues but I still thought it was low. Last meet was 9.250 on beam.

Videos are up...excuse the shakes, I am still learning the new cam! Thanks to all for your support. Little DD had a really positive experience for her first BIG meet ever. As you can see by her adorable marching and overall bounciness!

YouTube - kelkamp's Channel

They both did a great job. Older DD's bars are amazing. I think Little DD got dinged badly on floor with her headstand and handstand, but those things will come, she is so little and so cute. Great job for a first meet!

Little DD is too cute. So happy that she had FUN out there!! She did a great job.

Older DD's bars were beautiful!! Floor looked very nice to me as well, they must have been very tough, because I thought it was great. Beam, I think it was a nice solid routine. My guess, it that they deducted big for her dismount, kind of archy and didn't hold the handstand. Abby got those scores when she wasn't hitting the HS and holding. In your Older DDs October beam meet video, she did a very nice dismount, routines seemed similar, but I think she wobbled just a bit more this time. She looks great though! Soon she will be done with L4 and off to level 5!!!

Your little dd is so adorable! I thought she did great for her very first meet. So cute!

Older dd's bars are awesome and her floor looked good to me too. I think she probably got deducted some on her bhs (bent knees) and possibly also on that turn in the corner before they head back to do the bridge kickover. I think your arms are supposed to be over your head when you make the turn (not entirely sure on that, though). I agree with Mariposa about beam - she probably got a big deduction on the dismount, plus some wobbles in there. Still does seem low to me, but it depends entirely on who is judging! Anyway, Madison looks great over all and she should be moving on soon, right?

Congrats to both your girls!

Meg

Great meet for them both :). I agree with Meg on her comments on floor--I don't watch enough level 4 meets to know the routine perfectly, but it looked just a little off at that part. Her lines look awesome though! And beam was wobbly at times--that can kill you if you get the wrong judge!

And beam was wobbly at times--that can kill you if you get the wrong judge!

Oh yeah, we did get the wrong judge and it did kill her. Thanks for your thoughts. When I watched it back on video, I did definitely see the issues on beam but...really tough judge too!:)

Beam, I think it was a nice solid routine. My guess, it that they deducted big for her dismount, kind of archy and didn't hold the handstand.

You are probably right. She often falls back into that darn archy handstand thing! Thanks for your thoughts!:)

I totally agree! :D What were they thinking?????

She is ADORABLE. That judge stinks. She should have had a start value of 11.00 for the cuteness factor....:D

Older DD's floor was very good. I question the 8.9 as well.. Was the floor scoring down overall?

Sean

She is ADORABLE. That judge stinks. She should have had a start value of 11.00 for the cuteness factor....:D

Older DD's floor was very good. I question the 8.9 as well.. Was the floor scoring down overall?

Sean

:DThanks!! I agree about the 11.00. I mean, how can you give that sweet girl a 7?:D

The floor scoring was down. She placed 4th with the 8.950. I think 1st was maybe a 9.2...somewhere around there.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back