Parents Meet Results

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Empowered

Proud Parent
This was my daughter's last meet before zones and the scores were much less harsh this weekend. Now she just needs that 34 in two weeks at zones... Fingers are crossed.

She had a great day today though, first level 5 meet with 2 nines. :D

Vault - 8.375, Bars - 9.325 (T-1st), Beam - 9.175 (3rd), Floor - 8.650 = 35.525 AA (4th)

YouTube - Teddy Bear Classic 2010

She did great!! congrats to her. I am sure she will do just fine at zones. How hard to be in a state with those things. All you have to do to get to states here is get a 28AA at L4-6 and 31AA at L7-10. Unless of course your gym has higher standards.

Wow! She did awesome! Her bars are gorgeous--such elegant long lines! Great job on beam as well! She is looking great for this early in the season! Congrats!!!

She is just a gorgeous girl to watch. I think she's learned that really stretching those nice long legs makes the whole routine look really classy. Now, its just attention to little details and she'll be scoring in the 36-37s.

Oh, working up on her toes on beam is something very few L5s do--the judges were probably drooling.

Thank you all for the kind comments. Her coaches have said for a while that her legs and toes are great if she would just keep them straight and pointed. I think she's getting it slowly.

I have to remind myself she's still very young, but it's so deceptive in gymnastics when she's taller than half the girls in the higher age groups. Of course then she goes to school where she's like 3rd shortest in her class... Ah gymnastics, it's all relative right? ;)

She looks fantastic. Her bars are great! She should have no trouble getting her 34 at zones. How old is she? I was thinking that if she pointed her toes more on floor, her score would come way up because her skills are really great. I'm sure it will come with time.

Well then she is young and the form improvements will come. I think she did great!

She did great! :) Sounds like her coach is aware of the little things that can be fixed (straight legs and pointed toes, consistantly). She'll do great at zones. We don't have that here in PA so I have no idea where that falls into the progression of a meet season. Great job!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back