Meet uh oh

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

This is a thread where everyone can tell their most embarrassing meet stories. Everyone has been to meets where something unplanned happen. In this thread share something that has happened to you or someone else (teammate another competitor etc. etc.).

I will go first . . .
One time, during a big meet, (DGS) I forgot my whole routine because I had just moved up and because of practices being cancelled by snow I had only practiced it a few times. I didn't know what to do. After stopping in the middle of the floor like a deer in headlights, I tried to make up the rest of the routine but I forgot all the requirments, I also went 45 sec. overtime because I never heard the music stop. Because I couln't focus for the rest of the meet I ended dong bad on every event . . . I also fell twice on beam , 2 times on bars, the only thing I didn't fall on was vault but I did run straight into for the first vault because I forgot to leap to the side. I am now more experienced and hope this never happens again but I guess you could say my nerves got the best of me.

Now share your embarrassing moments . . . and remember it happens to the best of us

Most recently, my highschool team went to an away meet, and the CD player didn't work. Only music on Ipods would play. The judge said we would get deductions if we had no music, which seemed ridiculous, because we had music, it just wouldn't play! So we all got music from the Ipod full of music that belonged to the club gym we were at. I ended up with some BIZARRE mexican hat dance type song. I ended my routine before the song ended... But I couldn't stop laughing the whole routine!

I've fallen off beam on my mount before, THAT'S a little embarrassing! In level 7, I remember once falling on a jump, getting back on the beam, losing my balance and falling again, not even doing a skill. I was so mad at myself! I've done the silliest things in meets, and I realize now that it's not a big deal! Everyone has embarrassing moments, and you've just gotta laugh it off, and do better next time. That philosophy has helped a lot in some of my recent meet "mishaps".

Once my cycle started coming to an end about 2 days prior to a big meet.

Tampon didn't work out and I had to wear a pad the whole time. I didn't do so well :p

Then another time I rolled my ankle walking back to my team after my beam routine! I had just rolled it pretty badly a few weeks back so it messed me up a bit on floor.

Last year in level 7 I fell on my mount, then my handstand for my series (my second element), and then my sereis. It was pretty bad.

I've had 2 friends not finish a beam routine and get a 2.0

i seem to just have had a run of bad meets! I'm not very experienced, (I'm a late starter) and my first comp went really well, i got two medals! but last year at Levels I came last on everything, then at grades i forgot my floor rutine, ran into the vault and fell of beam 3 times, (some how I still passed!!). then last Sunday i fell off beam 4 times, fell of bars once, and ran in to the vault. (that was grades again, this time I failed, SOOOOO embarrassing) I have another comp in about two months. im a little worried.

Not my story but funny, at the last meet a girl I was competeting against went and just like suddenly stopped her trampoline routine and couldn't stop laughing. I was wondering what happened, her form looked fine and she was going along well, she got down and told me she had farted quite loudly and thought everyone had heard so she started laughing and couldn't finish her routine. :D

Yesterday, at my state meet, I had my worst meet of the season :) And didn't make it to level 8 regionals :(

I haven't done too many crazy falls at meets, but there was the one time on vault in level 5... I was doing my front handspring, and I did my first vault pretty well, so I was really pumped to do well. I ran way too fast into my vault and I hit the spring board at the very top with only half of one foot and got launched five feet over the vault table and landed flat on my head. I got up and saluted to see that my coach and the judges were laughing at me! On the bright side, I did get 3rd place!

It was my first time doing a FHS vault on a real vault, so I getting pumped. I jumped off the board way to hard, front-layouted over the vault and landed! Saluted to the judges only to see one had FALLEN out of their chair laughing!

I haven't had many competition mishaps but some of my team mates have, my friend competed a round off flip sault and ended up landing on her bum in the middle of a floor routine, 2 people split the beam in a row just things like that

last week i had the worst meet ever! I forgot the beginning of my floor routine, and ended up off beat to the music and finished late. fell on my dive forward roll and then fell on my face on my robhsbhs, managed to get away with a 7.5.. :*

At my meet today, I did a good bar routine except that I had too much momentum on my kip and ended up falling over the bar... Didn't actually fall off but it looked kind of weird lol

This isn't so embarrassing but mostly painful. On of of the easiest beam skills, a cartwheel, I split the beam during warm up. Of course I still have scars to prove it and when I went back to school and I told everyone the story they thought "splitting the beam" meant breaking the beam in half. They asked things like "well then how did you compete if you didn't have a beam??" or "did you have to buy them a new one??" Kinda funny actually.
They always do raffles at my meets, and they called the winners when I was in the bathroom. My friend took my tickets in case I won, and I did. But I didn't know that until I came out of the bathroom and they called my name. An awkward place to win a raffle and I couldn't help but blush. But hey, I got a basket filled with stuffed animals. Can't compete with that :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back