Membership Drive

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

mind you, it looks like she has got the family language skills ( my great-great Aunt spoke 7, my aunt 4, my dad 3, me 2 fluently and bits and pieces in others) so hopefully she will benefit.

They had to label a robot the other day in french, she got an award for using more than single words, ie a big yellow head etc.

I'm onto that, but most of the gym people I currently know aren't actually that good at English. Most schools nowadays do start teaching it in first grade. I started in fifth. (And French in 7th)
A lot of these coaches though are 40+ years old and not at all fluent. Different system back when they were in school! Eh.

I realize this is a silly question since you most likely don't know every coach in Germany ;) Know anyone named Herr Hemme (not even sure if that's spelled right)? what area are you in?

I realize this is a silly question since you most likely don't know every coach in Germany
clear.png
Know anyone named Herr Hemme (not even sure if that's spelled right)? what area are you in?

Uhm no, sorry! There are about 20.000 clubs in Germany, lol! I'm in the northern part. Originally from the very north, Schleswig-Holstein (Surprised there's no alternative wording for that!), which is the part that shares a border with Denmark. I currently live in Lower Saxony which is more to the west and borders on the Netherlands :) Is he famous? Should I get to know him? Haha!

Haha..no, no reason to know him..just thought I'd see ;) I was an exchange student in 1999-2000 in Mannheim (was there for about 2 months) before moving to Bensheim for the rest of the year. I did gymnastics in Mannheim with him.

Haha..no, no reason to know him..just thought I'd see
clear.png
I was an exchange student in 1999-2000 in Mannheim (was there for about 2 months) before moving to Bensheim for the rest of the year. I did gymnastics in Mannheim with him.

Haha okay! I was in Mannheim last year, so maybe we crossed paths. @Redford is from that area, actually. Lots of great coaches around the country!

Re: term of each language, that's partly for the poor teacher with no language experience expected to teach a foreign language. Easier to do numbers and colours in 3 languages than building on the previous term's supposedly acquired language skills.

My oldest is in his 3rd year of German. Younger ds is trying to decide between French and German.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back