WAG Michigan gymnastics camps

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hi! Just wondering if anyone has been to the University of Michigan or the Michigan state gymnastics camps and any feedback on the camps.
Thanks!

My daughter attended the MSU gymnastics camp as a day camper and enjoyed it. The only thing I would note is that they did not have a foam pit, so that is somewhat of a restriction in terms of skills training. The facility is somewhat older than the U of M gym. Also, some of her teammates attended as overnight campers the previous year and noted that the dorms were hot at night as there was no air conditioning.

She practiced with the team at the U of M facility once as part of a "kids club" benefit, and they have numerous pits. A teammate of hers attended the U of M camp last year and also enjoyed it. The facility is large and bright. I am not sure about the dorms at the U of M camp.

Either way, I think these camps are mainly for taking a break from the "same old same old" and doing something a little different than regular summer training -- not really for learning new skills or getting better conditioned . . . but she did have a good time, so I would recommend it as a fun alternative! :)

Hope this helps!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back