Missing gymnastics like crazy.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hey Everyone,
So I haven't been on here in a while, mostly because last September I "took a break" from gymnastics. I've had bunions on my feet and they were getting extremely painful, so I decided it would be beneficial to take a break for about a year.
Well it has been a year, and I can't go any longer without gymnastics. I cry whenever I find my leotards and metals and ribbons, and I just feel so empty without it. I was a gymnast for 13 years and I'm afraid I'll never be able to compete again.
I contacted my coach over the summer about coming back, and she told me that the team was full and shed notify me if there was an opening. Had I known there was a chance I wouldn't be allowed back, I NEVER would have left.
I've contacted other gyms but none are taking gymnasts that have been inactive for so long and this close to competition season.
Last night I went to the Kellogg's tour and not only did it bring up feelings but I saw my old team and coaches there and it absolutely killed me.
sorry if I rambled with this post, I just really need some advice. I have so much more in me and I'm not ready for my gymnastics career to be over.
Does anyone have any advice or have dealt with something similar? Thoughts? Suggestions?
Thanks so much for taking the time to read this.

-Maili

Any way you could start back taking rec. classes of some sort then get back on team when a spot opens? It may open a door too if the coaches see how good you are they may want to move you to team?

I completely agree with arielriver, join an advanced rec class, and make sure that as soon as the squad has place, you're the first one to join

good luck x

Any way you could start back taking rec. classes of some sort then get back on team when a spot opens? It may open a door too if the coaches see how good you are they may want to move you to team?

This is what I'm doing right now. It was my parents' choice for me to take a break from competing, and it's really hard. But, my coaches and the owner talked to my parents about my doing an advanced rec class, that's 2 hours, once a week. I'm getting to work on basically the same skills I would if I was on team, maybe even more, since I'm not working on routines.

It's really hard to see pictures of your friends from meets, or to see your friends at practices. I just keep telling myself, "I'll be back on team soon."

Hang in there!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back