WAG Moving Up In Gymnastics

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Justmehere

Gymnast
I am 16 almost 17 and I am wanting to start gymnastics. I was just think, Is the reason people who start gymnastics late can't become elite or go to the olympics because they have other reponsibilites, such as a job, family, or others, and they can't send enough time in the gym to get good.

It's about not having the years to train to then be able to be at their peak at an optimal age of 16/17.

But even if you start at 5 and have the years to train there is still such a teeny tiny chance of making it to elite or esp the Olympics. It seem in the US people seem very hung up on the idea of that being the goal in gymnastics.

It's about not having the years to train to then be able to be at their peak at an optimal age of 16/17.

But even if you start at 5 and have the years to train there is still such a teeny tiny chance of making it to elite or esp the Olympics. It seem in the US people seem very hung up on the idea of that being the goal in gymnastics.

the us folks aren't hung up on the goal being olympic gymnastics if they are part of gymnastics. Its the folks that don't have a clue about gymnastics that are hung up on it. I can't even tell you how many times non gymnastic parents have said to me "If she isn't going to the Olympics then why do this?" My reply of course is well your son plays little league so I supposes his goal is major league base ball - NO? then why play it?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back