my coaches

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Ok im sort of annoyed at my coaches because one coach knows almost nothing about gymnastics she thought that heal drive was hitting the board with your heals and the other coach doesnt really know anything either they are nice but i get frustrated and we got a new spotter and he is really nice and he knows more than them and he just started this year and he helped me with a mental block and the coaches just got frustrated at me and the owner of the gym is our off season coach and is really helpful but he teaches the usag girls so he cant help us!!!!!:( so have any of you been really frustrated at your coach or coaches????? cause im glad we have a coach but they have almost no idea what they are talking about

Last edited:
You might want to discuss this with your parents and look for a place that has coaches who can help you learn and enjoy the sport.

You might want to discuss this with your parents and look for a place that has coaches who can help you learn and enjoy the sport.

I second this motion.
If you can't switch gyms, perhaps you or your parents can talk to the gym owner about switching you to a different class or group with more knowledgeable coaches.

Are you trainging high school or AAU??

MN has many gyms and I am sure there are other gyms who would appreciate the business off season high school teams bring in.

I would go looking for a different program that can better service your current needs. Ecspecially before any one gets hurt by coaches who have limited knowledge of gymnastics this can be very dangerous.

In my experience, I've pretty much found that highschool coaches you've just got to suck up for the year. At the end of the year, tell the athletics department at the school, and see if you can help them find a new coach. If you can do gymnastics at a private club, it would be to your advantage, since you would get more individual coaching and expert advise.

My highschool coach last year was just like that, her only "qualification" for being a coach was that she did lvl 8 gymnastics in 9th grade... Then she switched to skiing. Her way of coaching was to yell "DO SOMETHING!" at everyone. My team told the athletics department, and then we asked one of the assistant coaches at my gym to apply for the job. Now we have an awesome coach. ;)

Ok im sort of annoyed at my coaches because one coach knows almost nothing about gymnastics she thought that heal drive was hitting the board with your heals and the other coach doesnt really know anything either they are nice but i get frustrated and we got a new spotter and he is really nice and he knows more than them and he just started this year and he helped me with a mental block and the coaches just got frustrated at me and the owner of the gym is our off season coach and is really helpful but he teaches the usag girls so he cant help us!!!!!:( so have any of you been really frustrated at your coach or coaches????? cause im glad we have a coach but they have almost no idea what they are talking about
i have another problem its with a friend i practice with at gym and her "friends" are calling her names and being mean and she is very nice but i dont think i was suppost to know about it and i dont know what to do cause its not my business and isnt that syber bullying? and the girls who are doing it could get into a lot of truble and i told my parents but they don't know what to do either and if anyone found out it was me who told if i did tell then some people might be mad at me

In my experience, I've pretty much found that highschool coaches you've just got to suck up for the year. At the end of the year, tell the athletics department at the school, and see if you can help them find a new coach. If you can do gymnastics at a private club, it would be to your advantage, since you would get more individual coaching and expert advise.

My highschool coach last year was just like that, her only "qualification" for being a coach was that she did lvl 8 gymnastics in 9th grade... Then she switched to skiing. Her way of coaching was to yell "DO SOMETHING!" at everyone. My team told the athletics department, and then we asked one of the assistant coaches at my gym to apply for the job. Now we have an awesome coach. ;)
but you havent heard the worst yet one coach is married to the gym owner and the gym owner is our best coach but he only coaches us in the summer and the other coach is a teacher at the highschool and i will have her as a teacher in a couple years(im in middle school right now) so im in a tight spot

Its a very difficult situation to be in when you coach does not know how to help you. Next time around research well before one is hired.

I second this motion.
If you can't switch gyms, perhaps you or your parents can talk to the gym owner about switching you to a different class or group with more knowledgeable coaches.

Ditto from the peanut gallary

good news!!!!!i am getting a new coach and he knows the sport!!! he was the old coach a couple years ago and i had him as a math teacher last year and he is very fun to be around!!!!!

ugh we have a huge problem with coaching!! we have the job open but coach last season comes every once in awile like she is going to be the coach. the sports director or whatever it is called doesn't care about gymnastics at all so they don't do much about it! ugh it is very confusing!!!!!!! and i would like to have a new coach but if there is no one else to get the job i would like to have her cause having a not so good coach is a whole much better than no coach at all but i have a really good assistant coach who knows what he's doing doing so ya i think i just had to vent or something sorry it is long

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back