My DD Grips slip or twist, what causes that?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

B

britrose10

Trying to figure out why or what to do, my daughter is constantly adjusting her grips mid stream through her practice routines. What causes that or what can fix it? Appreciate all thoughts, and or if she needs new ones what do you reccommend she is going into level 7.

What kind of grips does she have?
It could be possible that they aren't the right size. How long has she had them?
It might help if she got double buckle grips because they are hader to adjust than velcro (if she has velcro now) and they will stay in place. They wont loosen.
I had the same probleme, so my coach had me use elastics.
Sometimes it is just a habit to play with them.

Trying to figure out why or what to do, my daughter is constantly adjusting her grips mid stream through her practice routines. What causes that or what can fix it? Appreciate all thoughts, and or if she needs new ones what do you reccommend she is going into level 7.

My DD use to do that with the velcro straps when she went into L7 last year she outgrew the grips and we got buckle ones and she doesn't fool with them any more except to live in the chalk bucket. She is a chalkaholic.

When I got new wristbands that happened to me, but once they were used and got chalky the slipping and sliding disappeared. It also can happen if you just washed the wristbands. So could that be your DD's problem?

if they are buckles, put on another wrist band. if it doesn't work the grips are stretched and she needs new grips.

if velcro, they're garbage...i mean...you'll have to place rubber bands around the velcro strap after they are tightened.

rule of thumb for everyone: if the gymnast can open their hand and straighten their fingers all the way and flex their wrist past vertical, your child is in dire need of new grips. they way stretched!

dislike in general. they never stay put. the majority of level 10's and elites use the single and double buckles.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back