WAG My first ever AA medal!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Turk

Gymnast
In my category (intermediate) I got joint-bronze out of 15 people! I honestly was only aiming for top 10 and I'm completely in shock still. Also, a personal best with my floor score! And to think I was going to pull out of this competition a few days ago because I thought it would be a disaster!

And of course, it wouldn't be 2014 without a selfie with my medal... http://instagram.com/p/vL38KcjNHr/

They count our scores as top 2 apparatus scores, then a bonus added if you compete on all 4. I had been trying to get my vault and beam scores up but in the end it was my trusty old bars routine (which I haven't changed in 18 months) that got me the back-up score to my floor. :D

In my category (intermediate) I got joint-bronze out of 15 people! I honestly was only aiming for top 10 and I'm completely in shock still. Also, a personal best with my floor score! And to think I was going to pull out of this competition a few days ago because I thought it would be a disaster!

And of course, it wouldn't be 2014 without a selfie with my medal... http://instagram.com/p/vL38KcjNHr/

They count our scores as top 2 apparatus scores, then a bonus added if you compete on all 4. I had been trying to get my vault and beam scores up but in the end it was my trusty old bars routine (which I haven't changed in 18 months) that got me the back-up score to my floor. :D
Well Done :)

Thank you, everyone! I also just had a look at the scores and I had the second-highest score on floor in the entire competition out of 35 people, even higher than the entire advanced category and the former competitive gymnasts with their twists! I was only second by 0.1 as well - the same margin I missed silver by. I'm just completely surprised, still!

I can't wait to get back in the gym and see what upgrades I can add now! :D

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back