Parents My Girl got grips- A rite of passage?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Jen H.

Proud Parent
My 9yo got her first pair of grips yesterday, and apparently it is a bit deal!:p
DH picked her up, and she came prancing in with them last night.

She is a level 5, and I guess once they start working on level 6 bar skills, and they are needed they get them.

Anyway, just had to share!:)

Jadey Grips.jpg

It is a very big deal in the gym! Congrats to her. Just remember that the getting used to grips period can be a bit funky , losing skills and frustration are all part of it.

Yep, that is a big deal!! Once she gets used to them she will LOVE them! At first it takes some time and skills will come and go but my DD cannot swing bars at all without them anymore!

DD got hers about 3 months ago. It wasn't mandatory, but the HC said if she was going to use them, get them with enough time to break them in. She used them for a few practices, but decided to stop (got anxious about the "slipping"). She will be a level 5 next season and she's not had problems with ripping, so I've left it between her and her coaches. Your girl looks so happy!

Mine got them too! It only took 3 days for her to peel off the bars (eeeek!) - luckily I didn't see it. Apparently she survived, knew what she did wrong and got right back up there. I am so greatful that she seems to be handling the change well. She still has her kip and made it through the full L5 bar routine with them on yesterday. Congratulations Jen H. and all the other families who are going through this rite of passage too. :D

so exciting, it can be a rough transition period. My DD lost her kip and FHC when she got them and it took a while to get both skills back and pretty with them. But rips have been almost non existent since she got them, and she used to rip all the time before. She looks SO happy. I love it!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back