My little five year old first meet of the season video

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hi! I am new to Chalkbucket! As a coach and parent, I am so excited to begin using these forums!

Cameron is five and trains in NC. A few bobbles, but we're on the right track! I would love feedback![video=youtube;QhNPie26w0U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhNPie26w0U[/video]

Have a great weekend,

Erin

Very fun. I was expecting to see the standard USAG level 3 routine and that was certainly anything but. What league does she compete in?

Welcome to the Chalkbucket.

Your little one is adorable, she did a great job for a five year old, I love her straddle jump!

That is way more what I am used to as we do not have compulsory routines in Quebec.

What a cutie patootie. She did a great job. And welcome to the CB

Thank you all! Cam competes in the NC Prep-op program as a Bronze (lowest level). She should move up to Silver as soon as she has her vault down (over the table to flat back) She's just so tiny, but she almost has it! By Jan. when we really begin our season, she'll will go Silver. Thank goodness for Prep, because Level 3 would be a set-back at this point. Lol.

That was absolutely adorable! The little ones just look so cute -- and she's got skill to boot! Welcome to CB.

Now that is something you typically don't see in bronze - the layout. Nice Job little one!

Very cute! I'm surprised to hear of a 5 y/o doing prep op. The youngest girl on our prep op team is 9. Little ones are always put on compulsory here and I though that was a standard thing. Guess not! Keep up the good work!

what a cutie! Congrats to her on a great job! She did great. Heck a lot of 5yr olds would have a hard time remembering their own choreography.... and she did it very well :). I too was surprised that this was a Bronze level. I didn't realize that layouts were allowed at Bronze. Learn something new everyday.....that's my goal anyway ;)

Very cute! I'm surprised to hear of a 5 y/o doing prep op. The youngest girl on our prep op team is 9. Little ones are always put on compulsory here and I though that was a standard thing. Guess not! Keep up the good work!

In NC, many gyms use the prep-op program as an alternative for all ages. Even for girls who have the talent to make it to L7. They move through prep-op and then test out of L5 and L6 when appropriate. dd is in a gym that does this. she just tested out of L5 and 6. She will compete platinum this winter and then move to 7 next year (if she can get her giants - she has them on strap but not unspotted on regular yet). I'm not sure what gym the OP is part of so I don't know if they had a choice b/t prep and L3, but given she has some advanced skills for her age, prep gives her the option to show them off instead of the "boring" level 2-3 routines.

Awww--she is tooo cute!!! It looks like she has tons of personality at just 5 which will take her far in the optionals. Way to go!

She has great confidence and lots of power! I bet she is a great vaulter as well. Have a great season!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back