Need help With Strength

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I was only able to take Gymnastics for 1 year while I was away at college (the disadvantages of living in a small town with no gym) and had to leave because I no longer wanted to be in that college course.

Anyways, I need to gain strength in my arms (and legs too but mostly arms). I just want to be able to do stuff like walkovers, handstands, things like that. If I can do more then great.

My flexibility is improving all the time but my strength seems to just not get any better.

Does anyone have any tips on how to gain strength? I just seem to get smaller when exercise I don't seem to gain muscles (or endurance for that matter).

Condition, condition, condition! I take it that you are not getting stronger because your coach is focusing on routines. For your arms, try chin-ups, push-ups, and pull-ups. When you are watching t.v and stuff, you could lift 2, 3 or 5 pound weights (maybe more as you progress) and for your legs do some leg lifts. Maybe even some ankle weights when you watch t.v to make your legs strong. Running helped me a lot, so you could try running. Hope this helps!

Condition, condition, condition! I take it that you are not getting stronger because your coach is focusing on routines. For your arms, try chin-ups, push-ups, and pull-ups. When you are watching t.v and stuff, you could lift 2, 3 or 5 pound weights (maybe more as you progress) and for your legs do some leg lifts. Maybe even some ankle weights when you watch t.v to make your legs strong. Running helped me a lot, so you could try running. Hope this helps!

Thanks for the help. I had been wanting to be in gymnastics since I was 9 but like I said I was only able to take it for a year at 19. I'm 23 now. It was teen/adult gym so she just taught us basics like stretching, splits, handstands, stuff like that. So right now I'm trying to gain strength and I'm especially working on my flexibility.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back