nervous about camp!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hi, I think I'm going to USTGC camp this summer with one other teammate. I'm super nervous about attending this camp. I have general anxiety disorder and I get panic attacks when I'm away from home trying to fal asleep... the fact that Im not allowed to talk to my parents while there is killing me! I was also wondering, if there are bathrooms in the dorms. because when I get nervous I have to pee...ALOT. lol ALL of my friends make fun of me for it haha. also, are the girls allowed to socialize with the boys?(; ahah I know I shouldn't be going to gymnastics camp for guys but ya know, it's an added bonus! I'm 13 btw. does usgtc have a pit? Do they have a
vault that goes into a pit? A bar? floor? beam? How are the coaches? ahh!! thanks! just tell me anything about USTGC!:)

It's a great camp both my kids have been there over the past 14 years and loved it. Just take a deep breath and relax.
there are bathrooms and showers on the dorm floors not in the dorm rooms. Don't know who told you that you cant talk to parents but you can. they have a time during the day set aside to call home if you need to. Since you are posting here I am assuming you are 13 yo or older and that means you are on the older child floor. Older children can call usually after dinner - they do ask that you not call more than 2 x's a week but if you really have to call they will help you make the call. You do need a "Calling Card" with you to make the call or call collect. Calling card is easier.

Boys are on different floors from the girls but there is a common lounge on the first floor of most of the dorms and anyone can socialize there. they do have an end of the week social (party) for everyone. and you do practice in the same field house so yes you will see boys and get the opportunity to mingle but you are usually so busy with camp activites it doesn't really matter.

They usually bring in some former Olympians, some National coaches and local coaches along with some older HS/college gymnasts for JR staff - the staff is great and very good.

Here is a link to the videos of prior years with all the cool stuff they have done
Summer, 2010 Gymnastics Camp Videos

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back