New Gym Mom

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gothgymmom

Proud Parent
Hello all. I have a beautiful Level 2 gymnast . We live in PA. she absolutely loves this sport, but has a self confidence issue that I hope will be taken care of this summer at IGC. No matter what I say to her, shes negative about her gymnastics. anyways. Glad to be part of this forum as I can have a chance to speak to other gym parents. Thanks for having me!

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome! If I could go back and do it again, I would have chosen a chalk bucket "name" that doesn't have my actual name in it. 5 years and about a million posts and "likes" later, I am loathe to change it, but in your shoes, I would definitely consider it. "Conversation" Bogwoppit if you want to change it.

One of my daughters (not my gymnast) is always negative about anything she does. She is very artistic, but every dance, every drawing, every piece of pottery is always "horrible" according to her. I'm not sure it can be "fixed" (lord knows I've tried). It's just part of her personality. So good luck with that!

Please do consider changing your username and keeping your gymmies name out of the forum. It means people can find you, and her, instantly. On a forum with this many members, and many, many more lurkers, it probably is safer to stay a bit anonymous. Though you will make lots of great friends here, better to have a little mystery.

Welcome to the CB. IGC is fun and you are lucky to be so close, my girls would have lived there is they had the chance.

There is a lot of great information on this forum, congrats on finding it. I've found it a great help to navigate through this sport. Just to add, to help retain the mystery, it's also a good idea to limit the amount of real life detail you add to your posts, never underestimate the people at your gym who are on this board and will be able to figure out who you are based on one innocent post with too much detail.

How do I change my name? Im sorry, i usually dont do forums, but i needed more gym parents to talk to...

Welcome to the Cb and this crazy sport lol! It's a tough sport on the body as well as the ego. The name of the game is always do the move/skill better and that is a hard thing to understand. My dd has been competing since she was 6 -she is 12 now and I am amazed at how far she has come in her skills and maturity/confidence. So hang in there with your dd and be her sounding board for both the good days and bad. We are here to help keep each other's sanity lol.

Click on your name at the top of the screen and then on "conversations" and then "start a new conversation." Send a message (a "conversation") to Bogwoppit telling her what you'd like to change your name to. She'll take care of it. :)

Its worth it in the long run, mind you its not hard with a bit of digging to work out who people are, so think about posting things like meets scores, ages and locations if you want to stay anonymous.

hth

'Margo

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back