Parents Olivia Dunne

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

that article is from 2015, when he retired. And it seems he helped the sport of women’s gymnastics. And helping the sport doesn’t equate to serving the athletes

To clarify my whole 9.85... 9.95 thing... if you are on a top college team... there is pretty much the expectation of 9.95's. To make the team in the first place shows that the coaches believe you are a 9.95+ somewhere.
Which Dunne has actually accomplished. Not a ton but with injuries and a pandemic

that article is from 2015, when he retired. And it seems he helped the sport of women’s gymnastics. And helping the sport doesn’t equate to serving the athletes

He would be the one that "called down the thunder"... not the one that is helping the athletes deal with fans. Helping the athletes deal / cope would need to be someone that is not retired.

What is important is that teams / schools are providing ways to help the athletes deal / cope with and talk about the demands of what is becoming basically the level of a pro sport.
This is one of the reasons Josc chose Arkansas. This is where she felt she would be most supported, not just by the coaches, but the entire university, especially the AD.
Fans can be brutal...
Or just people in general, there were literally threads about how Josc was too fat to be a gymnast after Egypt…….

o_O I made two comments about her scores and haven't commented on it since early yesterday. I did let it go... because it's not worth the argument when both sides of the debate are all opinion based. Perhaps you need to follow your own advice
Wow

This is one of the reasons Josc chose Arkansas. This is where she felt she would be most supported, not just by the coaches, but the entire university, especially the AD.

Or just people in general, there were literally threads about how Josc was too fat to be a gymnast after Egypt…….
Ugh I'm sorry. I don't know why strangers feel the need to comment on anyone's, but especially teenagers' bodies. I hope you tell her how much chalk bucket loves and roots for her!

I’m guessing because they fear repercussions. And being thought of as “mediocre“
I never said LD was mediocre, and I don't think anyone else thinks that either - I said her scores/contribution were mediocre for the 2023 season. The word basically means average, which I think is appropriate description, unfortunately it has negative connotations.
I think most of us are willing to/have admitted that there are likely multiple external factors that likely have contributed to less that stellar season.

The difference is like saying to an athlete - it's okay you had a bad meet vs saying you are a bad gymnast. The latter is unacceptable, but I think it's okay to be honest and accept and acknowledge that the performance that day just wasn't a true reflection of the athletes ability. From my experience high performing/ driven athletes find sugar coating the truth to be patronizing, and you will loose their respect.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back