OMG Woodward!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Geoffrey Taucer

Staff member
Gold Membership
Coach
Gymnast
I just got home from woodward, and while the entire week was amazing, there is one particular part that I absolutely must brag about.

On friday, the Penn State men's team and coaches, as well as Alexei Nemov, came in to join afternoon workout.

My plan had been to take friday off from training, since I'd spent the whole week frying my shoulders on rings (being unable to do anything else due to my recent ankle surgery). However, when that crew came in, I of course decided to grip up and join them.

So I spent a couple hours training rings with Kevin Tan, coached by Slava Boiko, Randy Jepson, and Alexei Nemov. In between turns, I got to watch Noam Shaham training high bar (yes, he did the Shaham -- and OMG IT WAS AMAZING to watch in person). It was really inspiring to train in such company and I had without a doubt one of the best workouts I have ever had. I pulled off a few skills on rings I didn't know I could do (cross to maltese, cross to inverted cross, double lay full-out dismount). Got some great pointers from Randy for my Azarian and my Honma, both of which I've been struggling with.

Towards the end of the workout, I got lost on a double lay full-out (off pit rings) and ended up landing exactly wrong on my bad ankle, which ended my workout (Kevin then pulled me out of the pit by my other foot). By the end of the night I couldn't walk on it, and I still can't walk on it now.

HOWEVER, the workout was easily worth the injury. Without a doubt one of the best workouts I've ever had, and the highlight of this year for me so far.

Last edited:
is it time you got a serious look at that ankle?

I've had several serious looks at it since I injured it last august (and since I had surgery in may); it's healing slowly but surely.

The trainers at woodward took a look at it after I hurt it friday, and concluded that it was a mild sprain which probably wouldn't have even kept me off my feet for a day had I not recently had surgery on the same ankle.

We'll see what the physical therapist has to say on wednesday.

Even still, the workout was worth it.

WOW! What an amazing opportunity for you...a lifetime of memories I'm sure! Now rest that ankle!

Wow that's awesome G.T.! I'm sure most male gymnasts would kill for that opportunity. Hope your ankle gets better! And happy birthday!

I'm still trying to figure out how you landed on your head and rolled the ankle :). Although, we did have a girl once that landed on her back and somehow broke her foot. Go figure.

I'm still trying to figure out how you landed on your head and rolled the ankle :).

Haha, I think I went in piked, so both my head and feet were going in. Then I got stuck head first.

Ankle seems to be doing fine now, though I'm definitely going easy on it.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back