WAG P&G Championships Worth It?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

GymSurvivor

Coach
Gymnast
I'm looking at going to the P&G Championships in Pittsburgh, PA this August. Unfortunately I only recently decided to consider this and the cheaper tickets seem to be sold out.
The only tickets left are around $400 each.
Is it worth it to pay that much? I'd also be driving about 4 hours and staying a hotel.
I've never been to an elite meet, do you get to meet the gymnasts at all? I know sometimes former elites attend. Do any activities happen outside of the meet? (Meet & Greets or anything else)

Really, any information would be great!

We went to the Visa Championships a couple of years ago. This was also the meet where the national team was named. We paid $90. At the end of the meet many of the gymnasts signed autographs outside at the lobby and in the streets. It was fun for the girls. We went as a team. But I would not pay $400 for the meet.

First off, yes it is worth it. Next, the only tickets on sale now are for all 4 sessions (2 men and 2 women). Last, I just searched on the ticketmaster link and had multiple choices at the $100 level for the all session tickets. The $400 seats are the platinum VIP seats.

Good Luck

Last, I just searched on the ticketmaster link and had multiple choices at the $100 level for the all session tickets. The $400 seats are the platinum VIP seats.

Thanks so much! I'll go search again, I must have missed something $100 is much more feasible!
Do you know if they will sell specific session tickets at all? I'd love to only get tickets to the Women's.

We went to Visa Championships a few times when they've been local. Definitely worth going! But not for $400. Agree with MeetDirector...you must have been looking at tickets for all events. We only went to sr. women's and I think the tickets were $100. Maybe you have to wait until closer to the event for single session tickets to go on sale? I think they had some kid fitness type events, definitely had some gymnasts signing (those not competing) as well as a meet and greet (maybe not...maybe that was the Kelloggs tour?) But it's definitely something the girls love to go see!

We went to Visa Championships a few times when they've been local. Definitely worth going! But not for $400. Agree with MeetDirector...you must have been looking at tickets for all events. We only went to sr. women's and I think the tickets were $100. Maybe you have to wait until closer to the event for single session tickets to go on sale? I think they had some kid fitness type events, definitely had some gymnasts signing (those not competing) as well as a meet and greet (maybe not...maybe that was the Kelloggs tour?) But it's definitely something the girls love to go see!

Unless things have changed, $400.00 is a bargain if your seats are within the first 10 rows. You'll see and hear things you'd totally miss twenty rows back, and may even rub elbows with family members of some of the top athletes......

I don't know if they still have a banquet and dance following the last day of competition, but I'd think somebody here would know. If it is available as an extra cost option, you'll have an entire evening among the gymnasts, coaches, and their families. You'll also see some of the past greats and see the best gymnasts in the country let their hair down and do the funky chicken....... if they still do that.

If the local ordinances allow it, and you have premium seats, you should be able to sell your tickets to sessions you don't care to attend. My wife and I had good seats.... just good seats..... and had several offers made on our tickets for men's finals. Just imagine the number of offers made on our tickets to womens' finals when word got out we'd been "comped" an additional pair of tickets in the sixth row and wouldn't need both pair of tickets........ can you say chaos????

Last edited:
$400 is what I would pay for the Olympics. Sounds way overpriced to me.

Went to P&G last year in Hartford, if you wait till it gets closer, you can get single day tickets. I only purchased for women's finals junior & senior and I think it was around $100-120

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back