Parents Photos-team-what would you purchase for how much

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChalkBucket may earn a commission through product links on the site.
Reaction score
I am taking team photos of gymnasts and cheerleaders. The cost of an 8x10 costs me 2.00 plus s/h. I want to make a profit off of the sales to cover time, editing etc. I can print a 5x7 for .99.
Would you want an 8x10 or a 5x7? What cost? Seven for an 8x10 or less? 6 for a 5x7? I don't want them to cost too much. Or do I need to charge more. Help!

Thank you so much.

The company that does all our meets charges $18 for the 8x10 and $12 for the 5x7. I think that's way too much though!!! How about $10 and $8, including S&H? Less than that is cheap!

Thank you! :) That sounds better. :) I told my girls after the intial costs and shipping, I would place the rest into a fund for them for camp for next summer. With 2 I need to start saving way in advance. LOL Plus they are both helping when I take photos. They are slowly learning how to do it. :) Oh, which size? I only want to offer one size so it will be easier on me. LOL

I would go with the 5x7, the other is HUGE!!!!! Way easier to ship too.

At our gym, we pay $6.00 for a 5x7 when they do team photos. I would say maybe $7 and $10 if you are shipping them, to cover shipping. I would offer both sizes, some like a bigger photo.

I like the $8 and $10 option, and I would actually offer both 5x7 and 8x10 options. But if you only choose one, definitely go with the 5x7. I think more people would choose that.

I have a photo business and have thought about offering my services to my daughter's gym in the future. I'd be really interested in hearing how it goes and what kind of setup you used (backdrops, lighting, etc). Good luck with it!! :)

Elibogh -

Our gym doesn't use a backdrop, per se, for team photos, but rather uses either the wall with the team banners or the flag.

I'd be thrilled with those prices, though! Ours are ridiculously over priced!

I am just shooting with the background of the gym. No backdrops or lights needed for these. I am then using Adobe Lightroom and Elements to make changes. That is another reason I am not charging a lot. When I shoot the formal pics-uniforms, lights, backdrops etc, I charge more. :) It is great way to make alittle extra money during the summer for the upcoming season. My daughter's coach suggested I do this. :) I also take action pics of the cheer teams working out. She then uses the pics for her ads and website.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

College Gym News

Back