WAG Physical Abilities - TOPS/HOPES

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

2gymmies

Coach
Proud Parent
I was wondering if the physical abilities testing for TOPS is the same as the testing done at the developmental and national team camps? What about levers? I know they are not part of the TOPS testing but our team does them with their TOPS conditioning. How high is the rope climb for TOPS vs. developmental? Some kids do 6 ft, some do 12 ft, some do all the way up, some do up and down. Just curious...

My daughter goes to the developmental camps and she says that they do levers and the 12 foot rope climb as part of their physical abilities testing each time.

From what my daughter has said and the info she brings home, the physical abilities testing is exactly the same at the camps as it was in TOPS.

In addition to regular tops PA's they do levers, ropes all the way to the top, 3 back tucks to rebound on floor, back tuck and front tuck stick of beam, full twist stick off vault, kip cast handstands. They also hold the handstand for one minute. They do the kick test for flex, which is being implemented at this National TOPs Testing.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back