WAG Platinum bars not meeting requirements

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

So many people in my gym are doing platinum bars without a B skill and I'm confused why my coaches haven't said anything about the b skill the routine goes something like this
Kip - Squat on - high bar kip - back hip circle - undershoot from highbar
This seems like a gold routine to me so would they be starting from a lower value or would they not be allowed to compete it? What would a perfect score be for that routine?

It would just have a lower start value. Assuming there's also a cast above horizontal somewhere in there, I believe this would have a 9.7 SV.

It seems weird to me because a big part of platinum bars for us is learning the clear hip. We start doing drills for it in gold and is the number one upskill training priority for those who already have kips. We always say "flyaways are fun, but clearhips are required".

I saw this with Diamond as well. One gym had no girls with cast handstands. Casts in general were really weak. Clear hips were low and incurred pretty significant deductions, but because they had no giants, they did clear hip on low bar and as a circling skill on high bar. I think the feeling is often that if they can be competitive even without a 10.0 SV then let them level up.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back