WAG PLEASEEE Meets in California or anywhere in the US

• Thread starter Thread starter Katieeb:)
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    meet

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChalkBucket may earn a commission through product links on the site.
K

Katieeb:)

Hi
our club is in the UK and we are very keen on coming to a meet in the US, i was wondering if anyone knew of any that are international, we know magical classic and have contacted them and are just waiting for information back from them, but my coach said when she did gym she went to one in California but cant remember what it was. Please please please someone get back to me, we would love to go to a meet anywhere in the US and they look so different and fun compared to UK meets

There is one in Hawaii in January that some o/s clubs go to.

The meet in Hawaii is great! There's also the San Diego Classic in Southern CA and the Spirit of the Flame meet in Northern CA, it's in San Jose which is around 40 minutes from San Francisco. Good luck in your search!

The meets in FL are fun. Plus you would have nice weather. When are you looking to travel? We just did the Manhattan Classic and it's a well run meet. Plus, your team would have fun in NYC. We have friends who have done Chicago Style and they say it's a great travel meet.

One thing you want to consider is travel/cost. UK to East coast is cheaper/faster than if you fly to CA. Plus less of a time change. Just a thought.

Good luck with whatever you decide!

I don't know any specific one but I know that my club did the hawaii one a few years ago and it was great apparently

Excalibur Cup in Virginia Beach, VA is huge international meet. Over 2000 gymnasts are competing this year. The meet is this weekend but always the same weekend in February. Google "Excalibur Cup 2013" for more info.

Hi
our club is in the UK and we are very keen on coming to a meet in the US, i was wondering if anyone knew of any that are international, we know magical classic and have contacted them and are just waiting for information back from them, but my coach said when she did gym she went to one in California but cant remember what it was. Please please please someone get back to me, we would love to go to a meet anywhere in the US and they look so different and fun compared to UK meets

i hate to rain on your parade...but...you're the gymnast. if your COACH is interested he/she will know precisely where to look. :)

and there is no such thing as "international" unless you're referring to Elite. you can only attend these kinds of meets if you are elite and have been invited by the host country and pre/prior approved by the FIG. in other words, a level 10 athlete is disallowed from entering an FIG sanctioned competition. and in our case, USAG decides which kids from our national team will attend these competitions based on verification camps that take place at the ranch.

but there are competitions like Chicago Style that have had several different countries enter the competition. there may be athletes from other countries but it is not an "international" sanctioned competition. and i think there were a couple of elite level athletes from across the pond that competed in the WOGA meet but these athletes were not "senior international elites".

these rules also change from time to time and i stand corrected [i haven't read the rules on this in awhile]. if i got it wrong about WOGA. Maybe many of you have seen early video of Mustafina when she was young. but she was not a Senior then. and this coach from England can always contact their own Federation and they'll explain it to them.

I don't think they're trying to compete in an international elite meet...sounds like the coach understands.

As far as meets experienced in processing international entries, there are several major ones. If you're trying to enter for this year, it is pretty late though.

i hate to rain on your parade...but...you're the gymnast. if your COACH is interested he/she will know precisely where to look. :)

and there is no such thing as "international" unless you're referring to Elite. you can only attend these kinds of meets if you are elite and have been invited by the host country and pre/prior approved by the FIG. in other words, a level 10 athlete is disallowed from entering an FIG sanctioned competition. and in our case, USAG decides which kids from our national team will attend these competitions based on verification camps that take place at the ranch..

My coach asked me to look into them!! and surly if you are competing againts other countries then its a international, right? well in the UK thats how we see it!:/ anyway BECAUSE I looked into these meets we are now going to one in Florida, oh and Also my dad is the head coach of our gym so i have a clear idea of what i am doing and if ever i dont i just ask him. from my research i found enough infomation and contacted the competition organizers that gave us enough infomation to tell all the parents at our gym and they have all agreed to go!:)

Oh also thank you everyone for ALL your help it was really useful!!:)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

College Gym News

Back