Parents Pre-Meet Nerves

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

sheplaysinthechalk

Coach
Proud Parent
Judge
Soooooo...

dd's first meet is this weekend and the NERVES are getting the best of someone...but it's not dd. It's me.:rolleyes:

She was sick with the flu. Missed all of last week's training. And then I've had like the crisis week from H-E-Double Hockey Sticks at work this week, so she hasn't been able to make it this week so far either. So, she'll workout tonight for the first time in 2 1/2 weeks and then she competes on sunday evening.

I have got to shake these nerves. lol! And it's not helping that I feel ridiculous for being nervous about it...

someone please tell me that I'm not the only one that gets nervous about competitions??:eek:

Soooooo...

dd's first meet is this weekend and the NERVES are getting the best of someone...but it's not dd. It's me.:rolleyes:

She was sick with the flu. Missed all of last week's training. And then I've had like the crisis week from H-E-Double Hockey Sticks at work this week, so she hasn't been able to make it this week so far either. So, she'll workout tonight for the first time in 2 1/2 weeks and then she competes on sunday evening.

I have got to shake these nerves. lol! And it's not helping that I feel ridiculous for being nervous about it...

someone please tell me that I'm not the only one that gets nervous about competitions??:eek:

Nope. Guilty as charged, lol!

I'm always a nervous wreck and Pixie is as cool as a cucumber. We just have to let them go out there and do their thing. Whether it is to rock the meet and rack up bling or tank it and leave with tears. Both instances serve the gymnasts well in learning how to be a good sport.

The issue is with us sitting back and letting our gymmie have their own experiences. It's so hard when our emotions are completely wrapped up in our babies. So, yes, I'm still a nervous wreck. Get headaches, upset stomach, shaking hands...the whole 9 yards.

I just try my best not to show it, ha!! :p

I get nervous, but not as much as I used to. I am sure that once she is in a new level, I will get more nervous again. I never sleep well the night before. :) You aren't the only one, don't worry.

Don't worry. You are not the only one. I am already nervous and my DD's first meet is not until January. Last year, I already had everything set out a couple days in advance. I was afraid we might forget something, and I definitely do not sleep well before the meets. I am so glad my DD handles everything like a pro. :)

Yea, You are not alone!!! Meet Sunday and I'm already getting antsy. DD, it doesn't phase her at all.

Fully admit that I am a nervous wreck! My husband can hardly stand to be at meets with me! LOL.. but at least I can still watch every event.. I have some friends who have to leave during beam! And her DD ROCKS Beam!

I am SO glad that I am not the only one!

It's really hard not to let it show that i'm a basket case. It usually starts about 5 days prior to the meet. I get the nervous stomach, headaches, i get a little on the irritable side, and am completely distracted from regular daily activities. :eek:

This weekend, i found solace in rolaids and some good music on the way to the meet. Then when we were there, the other gym moms and I talked Thanksgiving and Christmas, shopping, funny stories about our husbands(sorry gentlemen;)) ...we had a good time. They all claimed to be wrecks as well - so, we spent a lot of time chatting and trying to make it a light, fun day. I'll post dd's results in another thread.

What other things does everyone else do to handle pre-meet jitters?

Don't worry. You are not the only one. I am already nervous and my DD's first meet is not until January. Last year, I already had everything set out a couple days in advance. I was afraid we might forget something, and I definitely do not sleep well before the meets. I am so glad my DD handles everything like a pro. :)

My DD's first meet isn't until Jan either and I am so nervous. Especially after her disaster on bars at her gym's mock meet this past weekend. YIKES! I keep looking at the calender thinking, okay, you have 7 weeks to get that routine fixed up and consistent.

Hey, you might want to check out a thread I started a while back entitled, "How do you feel . . ." It dealt with this topic and was pretty humorous! :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back