Progressions

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gymgurl

Coach
Gymnast
Ok in Artistic (for floor anyway) we work on tramp into the pit, on tramp, on floor into pit, on floor into pit on mat, on floor with possibly more but for trampolining what is the general progression for new skills?

We go through the following progressions for trampolining, using the spotting rig( this is mainly for mutipliple Sommies or twisting sommies), being spotted with a karate belt, spotted by the coach, on to a thick mat( crash mat), onto a pushin mat( thiner mat), no mat. non someraulting moves usually arnt spotted.

it depemds on the skill. My first one and a half ever was onto a mat into the pit. My first double back was into the pit by myself. we normally dont get spotted unless your doing a double back onto new ground ec.mat in the pit, real floor. so it can vary depending on the skill. so normally tt into pit or tt onto the red mat thing behind it. pit/mats in the pit(first few with spot) than real floor(with spot depending on skill.

On hard skills it goes like this: spot on trampoline, by self on trampoline, on tumble track, on air floor with spot. on air floor with no spot, on floor with spot, on floor with no spot.

Sometimes if the skill is basic like a layout 1/2 we just try it on the tumble track then go on the real floor.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back