Pullover

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnast Daughter suggests working on keeping your chin up at the bar. Try using a block or jumping when you start you can back off once you get the feeling and then practice it from standing. Good luck!

After you initiate the pull-up motion of the pull-over, keep your arms bent as you are bringing your hips to the bar and your toes over. The biggest issue I see when teaching pull-overs is that the kids I teach will pull their chin to the bar and then straighten their arms and throw their head back while bringing their feet up--almost literally doing a pull-up then a leg lift. Their hips are nowhere near the bar at this point though! Keep your body as close to the bar as you can, and don't worry about straightening your arms until you are on top of the bar.

My dd was always told to "kiss" or "sniff" the bar. Not literally, of course, but it's the same concept as keeping your chin up there. I guess for the young girls it helped to have a visual. Who knows? :confused: Either way, it worked.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back