Parents Qualifying for States

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

That's quick! We go December-March with State at the end of March.... usually 7 meets before State.

You are at the beginning of your journey, if she stays you have another 8 years (if she is a young Level 3). Level 3 states just doesn’t matter in the long run. Be thankful to not have to pay another meet fee and enjoy the rest of the season. Excelling at level 3 has very little bearing on her outcome down the road and a 35.2 shows ample proficiency. Seriously dont give it another thought!

Thanks so much everyone! I'm glad I recently found this forum. Thankfully, DD has gone to 2 practices since her initial disappointment and she has not brought it up since. As long as she continues to have fun, that's all that matters!

My only worry beyond this is that they will also want her to repeat level 3 since they don’t consider her good enough to go to the State Meet. I would find that out now because that will be a real bummer watching her team move on. My daughter repeated level 3 due to not having her kip at the tryout in May. She had the other skills but ended up getting her kip in June (season starts in October) and they still wouldn’t let her move to level 4. When I discussed this with the gym, they referenced back to her only scoring 35s during the season and that the other girls were scoring 37 and 38. She was crushed and it bothered her a lot. On the bright side, she took 1st & 2nd place consistently that season she repeated and was definitely more ready for 4. As far as the State Meet goes, it is the final meet of our season and it’s highly recommended for everyone to attend. Never seen anyone excluded from that.

My only worry beyond this is that they will also want her to repeat level 3 since they don’t consider her good enough to go to the State Meet. I would find that out now because that will be a real bummer watching her team move on. My daughter repeated level 3 due to not having her kip at the tryout in May. She had the other skills but ended up getting her kip in June (season starts in October) and they still wouldn’t let her move to level 4. When I discussed this with the gym, they referenced back to her only scoring 35s during the season and that the other girls were scoring 37 and 38. She was crushed and it bothered her a lot. On the bright side, she took 1st & 2nd place consistently that season she repeated and was definitely more ready for 4. As far as the State Meet goes, it is the final meet of our season and it’s highly recommended for everyone to attend. Never seen anyone excluded from that.
This is a good point. Our gym didn't move up anyone who wasn't scoring at least 36s.

This is a good point. Our gym didn't move up anyone who wasn't scoring at least 36s.
So far I have not seen evidence of that. Our gym has moved girls up with lower scores. Last year they moved girls up to 3 w/o BHS or front hip circle and up to 4 w/o kip to train those skills all summer. Most of the girls got what they needed with the remaining few girls switching to XL. Also, DD tends to score higher in the spring so I would imagine she will be above 36 by then. Her next meets will be from Feb to April so there is plenty of time. Also, she is close to getting her kip and has her cartwheel confidently on the low beam; working to transfer that confidence to high beam LOL.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back