Question about leo

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Ingwe

Proud Parent
My daughter got her regional leo and of course already wore it to practice. I put it though the washer and when I pulled it out half the crystals fell off :mad: This is a brand of leo that I have never even heard of before. (Garland Active wear)

Does anybody know if I could hot glue the crystals back on without damaging it more?

Thanks in advance :)

Rhinestone Mounting Techniques

We get all our rhinestones from the guy above, this is his how to page.

Do not take a hot glue gun any wear near the Leo without testing, some fabrics melt! Eek!

If you have a Michaels store close by they send special glue just for the job.

Oh and by the way, congrats on Regionals. That was one great gym change you made.

Than you so much Bog!! :) I am even close to being crafty and had no clue what I was going to do.
I will be making a trip to Michaels this afternoon.

Thanks! The Gym change has been great. She is very excited about it :)

We had a rhinestone fall off dd's comp leo and I glued it on with a product from Michaels. It has been worn and washed many times with success. I second Bog's suggestion.

Congrats to your dd on Regionals!

If you're worried about doing it yourself, see if maybe there's a local seamstress who would do it for you. One year DD's comp leo had a seam that was starting to come apart. Even though I do actually sew a bit (Halloween costumes, bathrobes, pajamas... things that are fairly "forgiving" in how they look), I felt better taking it to a seamstress. I didn't want to take the chance of mangling the job.

My daughter got her regional leo and of course already wore it to practice. I put it though the washer and when I pulled it out half the crystals fell off :mad: This is a brand of leo that I have never even heard of before. (Garland Active wear)

Does anybody know if I could hot glue the crystals back on without damaging it more?

Thanks in advance :)

DON'T USE HOT GLUE !!! Just about any craft store or sewing store will have what you need Its is a Rhinestone Glue made just for what you want to glue the rhinestones to the fabric. once dried it won't come off even when washed. Just tell the girl at the store you want to glue rhinestones to fabric and you need that special glue. It cost usually between $8-$10 for a bottle I believe at Michaels its called "Gem-tac"

I have used Gem-Tac to glue rhinestones onto leotards. You have to be careful to get the exact right amount. Too much and you'll have a little glue stain around the stone.

Thanks to all of you for your suggestions and much needed help. I am going to try and fix it this weekend.

I was glad to know that it wasn't just me (as in I didn't ruin it) because when I picked the 5 girls up for carpool yesterday they all said their stones were falling off too.

In full disclosure, I Emailed the Leo company and asked what they suggested. The owner got right back to me and although they provided the Leos they did NOT do the stone work. (A local company did) I wanted to clear that up and didn 't want to anyone to think that this Leo company does bad work.

Wish me Luck :)

I've glued stones on lots of things. I use e6000. You can get it at Michaels, hobby lobby, or walmart. The easiest way that I have found is to squirt a bit out onto a paper plate. Then use a toothpick to get just a tiny amount. Apply it to the back of the stone and then put the stone on the fabric. I will say I have not added stones to leotards, but I have to t-shirts, dance costumes, jeans, ect... I have never had a problem with it. Good luck to you.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back