Gymnasts Quitting?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChalkBucket may earn a commission through product links on the site.

GymGurl102

Gymnast
Reaction score
I really used to love gymnastics but now I am moving up levels and it feels less fun and there is more pressure. I still count down the days between practices excited to train but when I get there it just feels hard. Idk why but it feels like when I’m at home I wish I’m at the gym and when I’m at the gym I wish I was at home. I know that I will never be that good. Sure, there’s club level gymnastics and winning meets and all that but I’m not good enough for college gymnastics someday so it will have to end eventually anyway. However, I really love the feeling of being on top of the podium. I’m just scared of not winning this season that I almost wanna drop out now. What would I do?

You say you love it. Stick with it. There is college club gymnastics. And even after college, you could continue competing NAIGC (college club). Also, USAG has NO AGE LIMIT for competing in DP or Xcel, so that would still be an option.

If you want medals then don't go up levels, repeat whatever level you were at last season.

I know at a lot of gyms there feels like a race against time to get to the highest level you can as quickly as you can, but if that isn't fun for you then don't do it, if performing and winning medals is fun than do that, or whatever makes gym fun for you focus on that.

Ditto what @raenndrops said! Also, it's normal to feel some trepidation when moving up levels. If you weren't ready, your coaches would not have promoted you to the next level.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

College Gym News

Back