Parents Recreational Gymnastics

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Ok, can people stop with the "you think" stuff now please!! "I" don't personally classify anyone as anything, I have nothing whatsoever to do with how the structure is run and I'm pretty sure I've expressed that I don't necessarily agree with it. I am also aware that many clubs don't run things the same way as our club and that whilst I know of at least two others who do it exactly the same way as ours, there are many more who don't and many who don't train elite track and many who do... Just like everyone else, I was just saying how our club does it in an effort to add to the conversation. No judgement intended. And at the risk of outing myself too much I work part time for BG and the 'recreation' discipline (or gymnastics for all) is pretty flexible and plenty of clubs have recreational kids who compete to a fairly high level. I work in an entirely different department and I don't make up the rules. Thank you :)

Margo, you might just want to check Pink and Fluffy doesn't need silver membership. Bronze is for local competitions and I think costs £16? I don't know how you do things in your region and maybe grade 14 is done on a county basis, but in our region it's regional and I think requires silver... Again, not my department and I'm only going on what we had to do last year when dd was going to do grade 14 and we had to upgrade...

Sorry if it came across wrong, I just wasn't clear on whether you were saying how your club classified rec vs. how BG did it. I only know what I've learned here, it took me a while to figure out the whole compulsory thing! I didn't realise the "big" clubs were quite so elite focussed- that's probably why we're doing better on the international scene :). I know you've said you don't necessarily agree with the division in your club...

speaking of compulsories, I'd love to know how your dd did in comp 4, But haven't dared ask as I'm aware it might "out" you :). The one thing with the elite system here is you can follow careers right from the beginning, I've only been aware the last year or so but it's very interesting to see...

eta: from the bit I've just read on the bg website, does suggest competitive kids need silver, but I'm sure dd only has bronze. She hasn't competed yet, when she does it will only be within our region...further confusion..

Lol, it's ok Faith. I'm maybe a little sensitive to it because I don't agree with it and I get it in the ear a lot from other mums who don't agree with the way their daughter is classed as rec and I'm torn because I'm not competitive so I feel guilty that it isn't fair and .... you get the picture :) dd did great, wish I could say more but can't - especially now I've sort of given an idea of a rough part of the country we must live in. I do commute but safe to say it's not Scotland. Thanks for asking - how'd yours get on?

Hmmm - Might need to check Pink and Fluffys membership then. So far We have only competed within the County, however we Might be going to the Wiltshire Open - depends it we can pursuade then other girls mums to travel that far. Lol, I an assuming she would need to upgrade for that. Congrats on your daughter btw

Sent from my CnM Touchpad 9.7 using ChalkBucket mobile app

Mine hasn't competed yet :) shel'll be doing regional this year, which I'm pleased about as she's not a compulsory type gymnast!

I was Just coming back to say I was using the "I think" quite carefully because I didn't want to put words in your mouth, and I'm never completely certain if I'm remembering correctly, or have misinterpreted a post!

dont feel guilty about your dd :). I know mine isn't compulsory material, so I'm glad she's in a club which offers other options. If yours is though, you definately need to be in the sort of club you are ...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back