Parents Regional meet leotards:

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

GymMom1919

Proud Parent
Strange question. Those who made top 8 for Region 8 for each state. Do girls generally wear long sleeve leotards for this or tank style. Just worried about sizing for my daughter. She is one size for tank and another for long sleeve. Just curious if any one knows what may have been in the past. Thanks!

I saw the leos that the girls from DD's gym got for regionals and they were the tank leos from Ozone.

I'm nervous about the sizing too both the leo and the warmup, though obviously the leo is the most important. I guess there isn't much we can do about it now...

I believe the state team girls wear long sleeve leos that they are given by the state (and warm up suits also). The tank leos are more of a "prize" for qualifying. At regionals last year most girls just wore their team long sleeve leo, though there were a few girls in the tank regional leos. Congrats on qualifying! The highest qualifying level 8 from GA unfortunately wont get to compete at regionals. She broke her hand in practice last week. Terrible timing, but she's a great gymnast with a bright future!

Didn't they have her try on leos at state meet? If not, they probably go by measurements the coaches have on file. I believe everyone gets a tank Leo. We just had our state meet this weekend and most of the girls who qualified to regionals walked out with their Leo in hand, including dd (yay!). I only saw tanks. Btw, ours are from GK.

Looking back at a friend's pictures from last year's level 7 Regionals, the state team girls were wearing leos with 3 quarter sleeves (think they were Ozone's). Not sure if that helps or not! Good luck to your daughter!!

Didn't they have her try on leos at state meet? If not, they probably go by measurements the coaches have on file. I believe everyone gets a tank Leo. We just had our state meet this weekend and most of the girls who qualified to regionals walked out with their Leo in hand, including dd (yay!). I only saw tanks. Btw, ours are from GK.
Ours did not have anything available for sizing. When DD found out she made team, the coaches asked her what size. They just went with the sizes from the leo she was wearing and the warmups in her bag. We're bringing her regular competition leo to the meet in case the new one doesn't fit (we won't be getting the new one until we arrive).

I believe the state team girls wear long sleeve leos that they are given by the state (and warm up suits also). The tank leos are more of a "prize" for qualifying.
This makes sense about the tanks. And now that you say that, I remember photos posted on USA gym and NC gym sites with the girls who made the top team. I just checked back and they had on purple 3/4 sleeve leos.
http://usagym.org/pages/post.html?PostID=12031&prog

My dd qualified for top 8 in region 8. She was told when sizing at state meet that the top 8 (team competition leos) are 3/4 sleeve leos. The other remaining regional qualifiers get a tank leo but don't wear them for the meet necessarily. I also read somewhere that the colors this year are Red with White and blue.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back