MAG Regionals

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Men's Artistic Gymnastics
Yes, especially to the optional guys who are hoping to qualify for Nationals! (DS and the rest of the level 5 machine compete Saturday and are mostly just excited that next week they finally get to start doing new things!)

Help me understand this. I get the warm up all, compete all, but why the 12 judges? Different judges will judge different age?

Session 2: Level 6 (105 Gymnasts) (Traditional Format; warm up all, compete all. Teams together alternating age groups; 12 judges)
4:45PM – Gym opens, open stretch
9:15 PM – Awards

Yes. We have had that before. They will only judge a certain age group. It will speed things up, and still allow for the age group to have the same judge across the board. While one judge is "tallying" the other judge can immediately start a routine.

Interesting.

I still don't understand why the girls always have 2 judges and the boys have 1???

Good luck this weekend to all the boys competing! Our regionals for both boys and girls is next weekend. My dd is in California, and my ds in Phoenix. Dh and I must divide and conquer, lol.

Help me understand this. I get the warm up all, compete all, but why the 12 judges? Different judges will judge different age?

Session 2: Level 6 (105 Gymnasts) (Traditional Format; warm up all, compete all. Teams together alternating age groups; 12 judges)
4:45PM – Gym opens, open stretch
9:15 PM – Awards
I wondered what that meant as well! Thanks for asking.....see ya in Iowa :)

Sorry you will have to split up to support them. We'll be in Phoneix next weekend too.
I'm going to Cali with my dd (dh can't do the "meet" hair, lol) Is your ds a Level 5? My ds is in the 12-up division L5. He's in the Sat early am session.

I'm going to Cali with my dd (dh can't do the "meet" hair, lol) Is your ds a Level 5? My ds is in the 12-up division L5. He's in the Sat early am session.
I get the hair thing. I missed ds' state meet because dd was in a youth theater production. No way Dad could do hair and make-up.

Yes, level 5, 11yo; so also Sat morning. He's on our 11 and up state team too. It's odd to me that they separate the 11yos. All season he's competed at meets where it was 11- up. The regional allotment is also 11- up, yet for the competition the 11yos will be a separate division.

That age thing is odd. Our region goes strictly by the USAG recommended age ranges, no matter how many boys are in each age group. Makes it predictable at least.

Region 9 is this weekend!

Reactions: sce

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back