Coaches Regripping

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

BeamPrincess

Coach
Judge
Does anyone have some drills/exercises for me to help my new Level 4s with regrouping using hand guards. This would be in both glides and swings on high bar.

I have tried but it would appear they just don't get it. So we have extremes of lifting all the way off the bar which is scary and then just holding on no regrip etc...

Any tips greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Work bent knee swings on the low bar with re gripping in guards. I would not have them even attempt to swing on high bar in them if they are not consistent able to regrip on the low bar in them. That could lead to a series accident.

For glide swings, have the, put their feet on a cylinder and do glide swings back and forth, the extra time on the cylinder will allow them to regrip and they should be able to transition that to the actual glide swing with ease.

Thanks Aussie_coach - I have been using the cylinder for a while now on the glides which is great for multiple things and had thought about going back to tuck swings.

Do you know another way to tell them to regrip - sometimes they need a change in how I tell them to do it for them to understand.

Thanks

Work bent knee swings on the low bar with re gripping in guards. I would not have them even attempt to swing on high bar in them if they are not consistent able to regrip on the low bar in them. That could lead to a series accident.

For glide swings, have the, put their feet on a cylinder and do glide swings back and forth, the extra time on the cylinder will allow them to regrip and they should be able to transition that to the actual glide swing with ease.

I use both of those as drills. Also just hanging on a bar and walking their hands across the bar to the other side will help them get the feeling of re grasping the bar.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back