Rip became blister! Help!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hi guys, haven't been on in awhile because I fell off the beam and injured my elbow. I got back into the gym on Monday and had my first rip. It was a tiny one and didn't bleed. The skin had even grown over by the end of training. However, today (three days on), it's become blister like and it's starting to get painful. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can put? I'm an adult beginner who's still quite new to gymnastics. I can't manage a pullover by myself yet but I can successfully do a glide swing from standing :) already. Here are some pictures if anyone needs a ref. The first one was taken on the day I trained and the second one was just taken today, three days after.
attachment.php
attachment.php

Please please someone help! I go back again for my weekly session on Monday and I'm really looking forward to doing bars.

Attachments

• DSC01711.JPG
    DSC01711.JPG
    83.4 KB · Views: 270
  • DSC01718.JPG
    DSC01718.JPG
    77.7 KB · Views: 270
Hmm.. it looks ok to me, to be honest! Are you sure it's not just the skin toughened up a bit? I have those little yellow hard patches on my palms under each finger too. I guess if it's really hurting you should see a doctor to check there's no infection, but otherwise I wouldn't worry.

Sorry I couldn't be more help, maybe the photos don't show up very well, but it looks perfectly normal!

I get those a lot. After a shower when the skin is soft I usually pick them,basically turning it into a rip but then it doesn't turn into a real rip. Rips are fun LOL.

Thanks for the replies. I got abit freaked out because it looked like a blister. It is a small one. My aunt pricked it yesterday and not alot of stuff came out. I asked her why she didn't prick more and she said, "You silly girl! Do you want me to take out the skin as well?"

I prodded it last night before I slept...it seems to be skin. It is still a little painful. It's yellow because I applied proflavine onto it after my aunt pricked it for whatever's inside to come out. :)

Lol, I don't really know what the toughening process looks like but it seems that what I see on the net looks a little different. I didn't see the peel off my skin, just that it was already peeled.

Well if you don't peal it away, next time you do much on bars you probably will rip for real. Don't know why it had fluid in it either but tell your aunt the goal is to take the skin lol

Really? It's a darker red now and when I press it, it's painful. I don't even know what's in there now :(. I can't remove any skin either, there's none that is "torn". On the other hand, my two friends commented on those two photos...looks like a dead person's hand :D. I told them, my hand is normally like that unless it's after bars training, the knuckle area is red. HAHAHA!!! I'm happy with my bars training, managed to get my glide swing from jumping into it, instead of from a springboard or my knees bending and hitting the floor :).

I have had those before...they are blisters w/ fluid in them and then they turn into blood blisters. Really there is not much you can do other than peel off the skin and keep it covered when you do bars. It's gonna hurt. Tape your hands even if you wear grips, and it will help it not get reaggravated as much. Once the new skin grows over it will be tougher.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back