Rip help!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

O

Originalgymnast77

I rip almost every time i touch the bars!The bad part is, im actually not even exaggerating! My hands look horrid! I use super grips, but i still get rips almost everyday. Im in intense summer training right now, and if i want to move up a level next year i have to get my bar skills. Is there any tips or things i can do to help prevent ripping everyday? Are there any methods to help heal rips faster? Your advice is greatly appreciated:)

Use polysporin to help them heal faster, don't let them dry out because they will crack, which will just take more time to heal. Just keep working through it, your hands will adapte to this, harden and stop ripping. What are super grips? Where tape grips, and normal ones, is approved by your coach.

tea bags

Whenever I get a rip my coach told my mom and me to put tea bags on them. You just make a cup of tea in the microwave but don't throw away the tea bag. The antioxidents in the tea will help rips heal faster and make your hands feel better.

i agree for gymforlife!! i ripped last week and i started doing bars again and then i rested for the weekend and it dried out!! and i got a crack in it and it hurts to do bars!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back