WAG rude teammates

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

tonight one of my teammates sent the night, and she told me some things. she told me that it was a joke that i get to be a l8 this year and i wont have any of my skills by the time the season rolls around. she also told me that she works harder than me and said that she deserves to be a higher level than me. she isn't the first person to tell me this on my team and please don't tell me to switch because i love my coaches to much to. shes been my teammate for 5 yeas, and we have always been on the same level. i just don't want to go through the whole season like this.

Sounds like she is a mean girl and a bully. As a mother, My dislike of mean girls reaches a healthy level. You could take Dunno's advice, given in another thread, on dealing with such girls.

Work harder than they do and listen to the coach..... and do what the coach tells you. Do this for a year and see if your improvement shuts them up.

actually Hickory, i was thinking that she should have her over for a sleep over once again on either of their birthdays. that would be cause for a chocolate cake. like the one they baked in the movie called "The Help".

viewer audio discretion advised:

ignore those girls. ignore them. Do not let anyone psyche you out. Focus on your coaches, your training , your skills.

I'm beginning to wonder if the parents of the young compulsories who make the rude comments about their kid's teammates turn into the parents of optional girls who make the mean comments themselves. Grrrr.

How you can listen to this at your own sleep over - I can't imagine! Don't waste another night on her. Ugh.

thank you! i stopped talking to her and she got really mad. the worse part was i had a school friend over too. she probably thinks that I'm stupid for hanging out with people that tell me things like that. I'm going to try everything you all said.

actually Hickory, i was thinking that she should have her over for a sleep over once again on either of their birthdays. that would be cause for a chocolate cake. like the one they baked in the movie called "The Help".

I just spit my coffee reading this!!!

thank you! i stopped talking to her and she got really mad. the worse part was i had a school friend over too. she probably thinks that I'm stupid for hanging out with people that tell me things like that. I'm going to try everything you all said.

hang in there emilyk. we are all behind you. gymnastics can be tough. But it pays off in the end. Its worth it.

I'm so sorry emilykatherine! That girl is not really your friend... Friends don't treat each other that way. Just keep working hard and try to ignore mean kids like that. I know it's easier said than done.
If it escalates, you should definitely tell your coach and parents. Obviously your coach believes you have what it takes to be in that level, so ignore jealous, mean spirited people and concentrate on the sport you love and the girls that are nice to you!

Thanks. She also said, today, that a bunch of people on my team hate me. Ik it's not true but it just makes me not wanna practice. I also stopped doing bars about 2 months ago because all the younger girls were getting more attention and I hadn't learned a new skill in months because of it. She rally mad because I'm going to do 8 and she's doing 7 and we've always competed together

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back