Parents Rules on Cell Phones

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

What is the rule for Cell Phones in your DD (or DS's) Gym?

There have been some cell phones stolen in the locker room recently.

But HC just told all team members that they need to keep their phones at the front desk. Apparently, a few team members have been texting in between rotations and sneaking in the locker room during practice.

I think it is a combination of both issues. DD is responsible with her phone, and it is nice to know that I can text her to tell her something if I need to...

We have one of those shoe bags hanging on the office door - all the older girls (and some of the coaches) have to place their phones in labeled pockets. Then there is a "charging spot" where many of the other coaches leave their phones. I think everyone has the same problem. texting between rotations and theft / misplacing cell phones. We have many times heard cried of theft to only find the phone fell behind the cubies or stack of mats.

and if you remove the cover from those cell phones...and under the sim card...you will see 3 numbers 'burned' in to the case.

No Cell phones on the gym floor. They can have them in their lockers but they have to be on vibrate or ringer off.

I've never been at a gym that had a problem with phone theft.

I don't allow them to be used at all, even during break. Especially during break. Unless of course I am feeling so nice and stupid to allow them to play music off of them in the last part of practice.

have to stay in their lockers. i keep mine in my pocket but only becsuse i need the to check the time. i cannot see the clock across tthe gym & refuse to wear my glasses. i hate them .

We don't have a locker room--the lockers are in a corner of the gym by the bleachers, so the coach would definitely notice if girls were texting during practice. I haven't heard of it being a problem and, as far as I'm aware, there isn't an official rule on it. Stinks that people are stealing things at your gym! Does everyone have access to the locker room (not just the team girls)?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back