Second APO Meet Report

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

My second advanced prep op meet was this weekend and I did really well. My two goals were to make my tsuk and get a 36 AA, and I did both. :)

Scores:
Started on bars: 9.425. I was really surprised! I have good form and usually score around a 9.2 but this routine was off - the bars felt close and slippery and I was just trying to stay on! I did have a nice cast to handstand on the high bar.

Beam: 9.175. Some wobbles, but pretty good. I would be very happy if one day everyone in the gymnastics world woke up and forgot that beam had ever existed...

Floor: 9.175. Good routine. Took a really big uncontrolled step/hop after my back 1/2

Vault: 8.3 (9.6 sv). Last event, and I was really nervous. The HC decided I could compete my tsuk last Monday and I spent the week doing some hard landings (usually I vault onto mats stacked to regulation height in the pit) and I didn't make any (either over or underrotated) and had a couple short landings that stung my bad ankle and it was pretty sore. At the meet I had my coach tape it and it worked sooo much better than the heavy-duty brace I usually wear; I landed one really short in warmups and my ankle didn't hurt at all! I landed my competition vault leaning forward with a really deep knee bend and my fingers brushed the mat, but I made it! Then my coach and I decided to do a fhs for my second vault to save my ankle. I'm still so excited about vault!

AA 36.075. Out of 7 APOs, I placed 3rd on beam and 1st on everything else. :) Hopefully I'll have my pirouette and roundoff on beam ready for my next meet in mid-February. Thanks for reading!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back