secret santa

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

my gym is having a Christmas party, i got my secret Santa the other night..shes about seven or eight years old. i have NO idea what eight year olds might like..any ideas? it can't be anymore then 15 dollars!

Pretty hair things, a Junie B Jones book, a cute pair of slippers, a funky t-shirt from Old Navy, smelly bath stuff, lip balm, cool markers, a diary, a soft toy.

Hope that helps, it actually is a great age to buy for.

Squinkies! They look kinda silly, but for that age right now, they are all the rage. And comes in anywhere from $5 to $20, depending on what you pick out. Wal mart and target carry them.

Bog had some great ideas, and she's right, it's actually kind of a fun age to buy things for. Some other ideas- fun socks, stickers, nail polish, cute but inexpensive jewelry, craft/jewelry making supplies or kit, or even just a bunch of fun and inexpensive little things.

Bog and Coachmolly gave very good ideas. I cant really think of much else. Anything fun for her, hair stuff, art/crafts, bath/shower stuff, journal, any of that kinda stuff they love. It makes them feel grown up, but yet they sell so much that is geared towards the young girls, so its not to "adult". Girls that age LOVE to do stuff..all kinds of stuff..they are very creative, and have wonderful imaginations..so anything to go on those lines is great..plus all girls no matter what age love to feel/look pretty..(hair stuff, cute inexpensive jewelry, a pale colored nail polish..ect)

I agree, I have an almost 8 year-old. She loves anything girly - jewellery, nice hair things, girly diaries, glitter gel pens, beading kits.

Same age as my dd, if it is pretty, pink or glittery (or better still all three together) you cannot go wrong.
Great suggestions from everyone, stickers and cool pencils, notepads, hair stuff, sweat bands for gym, body spray or cologne, cute little stuffed animals, a pencil case, craft supplies etc are always popular.

Not sure what state/country you are in, but here in Cali (USA) all the girls ages 6-9 on my daughters team just love anything from Justice that says GYMNAST on it. They have socks, scrunchies, bags, water bottles, sweats, hair ties, etc. My daughters got the duggle bag they have as a gift and she uses it everyday.

You can Google Justice coupons too and the store is always 40% off :D

anything pink or sparkly!
- most shops sell shorts/shirts with GYMNAST on them
- scrunchy for gym
- grip/gym bag
- nail polish in club colour? a few of the littlies at my gym paint theirs white [our colours are blue and white] for comp, they love it!
- cheap perfume

good luck!

Ah! I love giving Secret Santa gifts at my gym! Last year I got one of my best friends, and she's Muslim so I made sure to write "Happy Holidays" instead of "Merry Christmas".

I usually draw a picture of a gymnast that semi-resembles the reciever. For example, last year I drew a semi-likeness of my friend doing a super-flexible ring handstand, and this year I'll probably do a split leap or pose for whomever I draw. I'm a good artist and my teammates always ask me to draw little gymnasts on their folders and stuff!

Oh, hey, just remembered my profile pic is the computerized version of the gymnast I drew for my friend last year! I made it a silhouette since I don't have very good coloring software.

Not sure what state/country you are in, but here in Cali (USA) all the girls ages 6-9 on my daughters team just love anything from Justice that says GYMNAST on it. They have socks, scrunchies, bags, water bottles, sweats, hair ties, etc. My daughters got the duggle bag they have as a gift and she uses it everyday.

You can Google Justice coupons too and the store is always 40% off :D

Yes, Sunday is my dd's team's party and her secret santa is the same age. We went to Justice and got a zip hoodie that says "gymnast" off the sale rack. With the 40% off coupon, it was under $15.

Flipper's Fan is right...Pillow Pets are very popular! My daughter just had her gym party last weekend and their were several given out :)

my gym is having a Christmas party, i got my secret Santa the other night..shes about seven or eight years old. i have NO idea what eight year olds might like..any ideas? it can't be anymore then 15 dollars!

We usually do a basket of girly things. Hair ties, scrunchies, mini hair spray from the travel size area. Nail polish, brush, spray glitter etc. We have also done a Smore/chocolate emergency pack basket with choc, marshmellows, gramcrackers, chocolate spoon for hot choc. Hot chocmix kit. (get a disposable cake decorating clear bag, fill with enough choc mix to make one mug, a scoop of choc chips or sprinkles, a scoop of mini marshmellows all in the bag. - Tietop with twisty tie or sring and ribbon Looks kind of like a choc carrot)Favorite candy bars.

I have also purchased gift cards to the local hair store like Clair's and Icings. That way they can get the stuff they choose.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back