Parents Selecting Warm Ups

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

So, I went in to talk with the coach about my dd and left as "Team Mom". :)
My first task is to help select the teams warm up suit for the upcoming season. Any ideas? What brand and type of fabric are your girls warm-ups? I don't want ones that make the 'swishing' sound when they walk.

Thanks!

As a mom, my first requirement would be "reasonably priced". This is something that girls typically wear for about 30-60 minutes 6-8 times per year.

Ours are poly/spandex. Can't remember the brand. But they look a lot like this:
Ladies Poly/Spandex Warm Up Suit

I clicked your link and that is the exact website that I have been looking at this afternoon. I agree about price, needs to be reasonable.

Another tip for saving money - choose warmups that will go with any number of different leotards so that even when you switch leos, you will be able to hand down the warmups. Black velour is great and doesn't swish. Ours are Dreamlight.

Our girls wear the same warm ups as Bog's girls---less the bling on the jacket. However, the gym picks the warm up and all team girls wear the same one. We don't have different warm ups for each team level.

You might want to talk with some of the other "team moms" at the gym and see where they have gotten warm ups. I would definitely go for a very neutral color and order them a little larger than the current size the child wears.

All great suggestions. I do think the coach wants the same warm up for all levels (they were the same leo) she is pretty practical person. I wouldn't have thought of black velour, that is a great idea also.

We have the challenger. The fabric is really nice, and according to my dd "comfy and warm". No "swishiness" whatsoever! Any style you pick out with that type of fabric will be good. In fact, I ordered her another set in her school colors to wear around the house & to practice since she liked them so much and the price was reasonable.

Our girls wear GK black velour. The clubs name is embroidered on the back and that is it. No bling. Her previous gym had seriously expensive, fancy ones and I hated them. The black velour (or other color probably) washes and wears really well and is comfy. My DD loves hers. And they have had them for awhile and all the moms love them for their durability and easy care. And the price!

We wear GK. They are black with a hot pink stripe down the leg and arm of the jacket. The Team name is on the back of the jacket in Sequins (ick) The fabric is the spandex/poly (I guess that's what it's called)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back