WAG silly Yurchenko question

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

mommyof1

Proud Parent
Why do you have to flip the Yurchenko in order to compete it? Why not start out with just a ROBHS over the table?

(No, my six-year-old is not training Yurchenkos. This is just idle curiosity based on watching the big girls.)

A timer is out of a 7.0 at level 8, where a handspring is out of a 9.0. In other words, it just isn't worth it. ;)

That's surprising to me. It seems like the "timer" would be much more difficult than a handsrping and because of difficulty would be valued higher.

In other countries "timers" are used and competed at certain levels as it is considered more progressive than sticking with the FHS.

Why do you have to flip the Yurchenko in order to compete it? Why not start out with just a ROBHS over the table?

(No, my six-year-old is not training Yurchenkos. This is just idle curiosity based on watching the big girls.)

Not a silly question at all. That's what this forum is for ;). Before my dd entered into this crazy sport all I knew about gymnastics was what I saw during the Olympics lol. Half the time she tells me what she is doing and I nod then come here to find out what she is talking about lol.

A good yurchenko timer won't land on the feet.
Makes sense.....but wouldn't there still be more value in competing the ROBHS over the table than FHS? Kind of like how vaulting a bigger and more powerful FHS with a great block prepares girls for Handspring-front vaults? Truly, I'm asking...not debating :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back