WAG Slippery Bars?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

GymMomK

Proud Parent
So I posted about a week ago about my dd's bhs bhs "block" and I appreciate all the input!! Last week, she decided that the bars are slippery? I'm not sure if she's having a mental breakdown or what. She refused bars Thursday and again today, saying the bars are slippery and she's scared. She hasn't fallen, nor has anyone else. There is no logical reason for this fear. Granted, she did get new grips a few weeks ago, but she was doing a good job wearing them in and they have not been giving her any trouble. I'm not sure what I can do as a parent to help her? Her coaches are not real supportive, either, they just want to send her home or say crazy things. Does anyone have any words of wisdom?

Does she wear chalk on her hands/grips? If not, then that might be the problem-if you don't wear chalk, the bars are more slippery.

It sounds to me like she is having "a moment".

Has anything changed recently at gym ? Moved groups, increase in hours, increase in skill difficulty ?

When Pink and Fluffy is confronted with something that is outside her comfort zone she can go into what I call "panic mode" and then everything is wrong. The bars, the floor, her grips, her leo, all her coaches hate her etc etc. I have to talk her down and then find out what the real problem is.

It sounds to me like she is having "a moment".

Has anything changed recently at gym ? Moved groups, increase in hours, increase in skill difficulty ?

When Pink and Fluffy is confronted with something that is outside her comfort zone she can go into what I call "panic mode" and then everything is wrong. The bars, the floor, her grips, her leo, all her coaches hate her etc etc. I have to talk her down and then find out what the real problem is.

She was out for a week on vacation. And coach does want her to try a skill on high bar she can barely do on low bar so I think that's what it may be. I told coach and she agreed we can nix it. We will see how tomorrow goes.

With newish grips do y'all think we should 'roughen' them up?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back