WAG Snowflake Grab bag

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Deanna

Moderator/Proud Parent
Proud Parent
Kadee needs a couple new leos. I prefer not to pay out the hiney for new leos, esp since she is growing like a weed right now (is that normal at 7?) Didn't really think they had a big growth spurt at that age..oh well, lol. She went from a child X-Small to a Child Medium in about 6 months.

I saw on Snowflakes site that they have a grab bag for $16 a leo. Just wondering if anyone had ever done this and if the leos were cute or if they were best left in the grab bag?

Not sure about snowflake, but just wanted to mention our old gym had a used leo rack, organized by the parent booster club, and had some really nice ones for 7 to 10 dollars. The money would turn into a credit in the account of the gymnast who donated it. New gym does not do this, but if there are other gyms nearby it may be worth making a few phone calls to see if any of them have a used rack.

Unfortunantly out gym does not do this. Plus the nearest gym is 45-50 minutes away. That would be a great idea. Maybe I will need to mention this at our next parent's club meeting

Ebay

Try ebay, so many second hand leos!!:)
Kadee needs a couple new leos. I prefer not to pay out the hiney for new leos, esp since she is growing like a weed right now (is that normal at 7?) Didn't really think they had a big growth spurt at that age..oh well, lol. She went from a child X-Small to a Child Medium in about 6 months.

I saw on Snowflakes site that they have a grab bag for $16 a leo. Just wondering if anyone had ever done this and if the leos were cute or if they were best left in the grab bag?

Thank you. I haunt ebay. But I have yet to find a new leo worth what they are asking for it. And I was wondering about these grab bag leos as they are only 16 bucks, you can put in a request for colors and such. Just wondering if anyone had any experience with it. I would much rather pay 16 bucks for a new leo than the same price for a used one. (plus most the people on ebay way over charge for shipping). As you can tell, I'm a bit of a tightwad..lol

I've never tried the Snowflake grab bag. Melody leotards has some nice leotard designs for $20 and you get to choose the back style.

Yes, I saw that too. Just kinda putting my feelers out there and seeing what there is. Almost all her leos are GK. But so many of them (at least the ones she has gotten) that has the metalic designs, they wear off real easy. She has 5 leos that have all gone from pink with some kind of design (zebra, leopard..ect) to just plain pink..lol

I would see if you could organize a leo swap at your gym. I bet other people have CMs sitting around that they would love to get $5 or $7 or $10 for. And there might be someone who wants your CSs.

I have done the grab bag and it was fine. There was one or two she liked and would have picked out herself, and the others were just fine. Shipping fast and not a lot if I remember. I will definitely do it again for the price. I guess the few that aren't her favorites will go to the used leo sale next year.

We have done the Snowflake grab bag and it worked well for us. We were able to specify “no foilâ€￾ because DD has sensitive skin, and the two leos she received she really liked.

We 've had great success with the snowflake grab bag - we got velvety leos most recently - more plain but pretty and comfortable.

We've had good luck with the grab bag Snowflake. They are more comfy according to DD than GK, and haven't gotten an ugly one yet.

Haven't tried the Snowflake leos but my daughter loves Melody Leotards. They have a couple of styles in their "Basic Print and Two-Tone" section on sale for under $15.00 and the $2.50 shipping is hard to beat!

We've done the Snowflake grab bag twice and have been pleased both times. I've gotten all different types from them and my daughter has liked each and every one of them. I will only buy brand new leos from grab bag deals - we've had success with Snowflake and Destira (who also has $16 grab bag right now). We also buy at our booster club's consignment sale.

Pick a day a few weeks from now and get everyone to bring in the leos they want to sell, agree on a fixed price ($5/$10/whatever), and make a 2 hour event of it. If you have a booster club, have them organize it and keep a % of the sales. It doesn't take too much to organize this and everyone saves a lot of money (while also getting a little money back for their old leos). (Well, the smallest girl in the gym won't get anything back for selling leos!)

Jillybeans leos are very reasonable and their customer service is good - I was a special case because although I had a US address to send the leo to, I did not have a US credit card, but we worked something out. We only have one leo from them - a velvet one - and it's so soft and fits well. See if your DD likes any of them: Jillybeans Leotards quality gymnastics leotards at discount prices
I really wish Jillybeans had more variety in terms of velvet leos. My high school girls want velvet for their warm-up leos and ones that are reasonably priced (under $35) and up to teenage girl standards are hard to come by! The prices at Jillybeans are great, but the leos are not really geared to the teen crowd.
I say go for the Snowflake grab bag! Not only will Kadee have the excitement of getting a new leo, she'll also get to enjoy the suspense of opening the package to see what leo she got! Sounds like fun to me, especially if you can specify preferred colors/fabrics.

Thank you for the input everyone. We went ahead and ordered this morning. It is "processing" as I type. I asked Kadee what she wanted to write in the note line of the payment part. (to let them know what she likes). She said tie dye, bright colors, (blues, greens, reds, animal prints, contrasting patterns/colors..thank goodness this kid is pulling away from the dang pink). She likes the racer or open back and likes velvet/velour.
I told her not to hold too tight to those wishes, it would be a tall order to fill from a grab bag..lol. We got two

I've wondered about the snowflake grab bag leos as well! Can't wait to hear what leos she receives!! I'd love to either see pictures or get descriptions when you receive them!

I've ordered from JillyBeans before. I ordered two of them. One I absolutely love and it's one of my favorite. The other I decided on racerback and I'm just not a fan of racerbacks I've since decided. Both have held up well and are super comfy.

Although their velour leo selections is a bit sparse especially for the teen age (I think this might be because most teens I talk to don't like to wear these as they get pretty hot.)

I've been tempted by the melody leos, although haven't actually bought any....mainly because I don't 'NEED' any.

Anyone that has destira leos, do you like them? Do they fit similar to GK/Snowflake?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back