Parents so, about USGA training hours recommendations...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Well, this could be insurance, and USAG. I know, at our gym, unless you are in your class or working, you are not in the gym. now, you can make classes up, but you can't be out there unless you are training/working.

Well, it appears that USAG is making all sorts of new rules for our gym lately! :p Today, we received an email with this info:

"As you know USA Gymnastics has made a lot of new rules. Beginning today gymnasts and parents who are not attending their registered class are not to be on the floor or equipment."
I don't understand the need to put the "blame" for any of these new gym rules on USAG.

Anyway, at least they did get the organization's name correct this time! LOL.
Obviously this is because of the "unlimited" gym time... LOL

Well, it appears that USAG is making all sorts of new rules for our gym lately! :p Today, we received an email with this info:

"As you know USA Gymnastics has made a lot of new rules. Beginning today gymnasts and parents who are not attending their registered class are not to be on the floor or equipment."
I don't understand the need to put the "blame" for any of these new gym rules on USAG.

Anyway, at least they did get the organization's name correct this time! LOL.

actually, that is a 'rule' under the terms and conditions of the liability policy that the gym holds. lol. :)

Yeah, I was thinking the same....liability/insurance/safety. All good things to pay attention to, so it's not all bad!! This is not a new rule though; it's just one they seem to have not followed in the past (unless that unlimited thing was new....but I don't know how that would work anyway).

Further evidence of disorganization....

Yeah, I was thinking the same....liability/insurance/safety. All good things to pay attention to, so it's not all bad!! This is not a new rule though; it's just one they seem to have not followed in the past (unless that unlimited thing was new....but I don't know how that would work anyway).

Further evidence of disorganization....

i laugh when i see clubs 'put it on USA Gymnastics'. USA Gymnastics can't tell a club owner what to do or how to run their business. :):):)

i laugh when i see clubs 'put it on USA Gymnastics'. USA Gymnastics can't tell a club owner what to do or how to run their business. :):):)

Yeah, sounds like a lot of scapegoating to justify changes that they need and want to make. Just be honest and up front...people will have a lot more respect for your choices if you're not playing the blame game.

actually, that is a 'rule' under the terms and conditions of the liability policy that the gym holds. lol. :)

I think safety certification or maybe 101 says something about having policies like this. I'm not sure why parents were on the floor at all (parent tot classes?) but that is a fairly common policy that I expect is recommended somewhere. Maybe they just got recertified or took 101 or something (timing doesn't make any sense) and they realize they were being weird. Although that doesn't explain their wacky minimum hours :)

@gymbeam The lower hours and communication style reminds me a lot of my dd's previous gym. I can't encourage you strongly enough to carefully evaluate this gym's ability to meet your dd's future needs in this sport. Most parents who find their way to this board have kiddo's who are crazy about gymnastics....so I assume yours is the same. :) I wish I had started asking questions at least a year sooner. I paid $315/mo for 12 hours/wk at a gym with a dead end...and now pay $300 for 20-24 hours/wk at a gym with successful, high-level optional gymnasts. Just leaves me shaking my head....

Sheesh, we pay $220/mo during the summer for level 4/5 training @17 hrs/week. That drops to $170-190 and 12-15 hrs during the school year. This gym has a ton of optional gymnasts through L10, not all high-scorers, typically 34-36ers, but def. progressing in skills. I guess I'm spoiled.

Sheesh, we pay $220/mo during the summer for level 4/5 training @17 hrs/week. That drops to $170-190 and 12-15 hrs during the school year. This gym has a ton of optional gymnasts through L10, not all high-scorers, typically 34-36ers, but def. progressing in skills. I guess I'm spoiled.

It must definitely be a regional thing. People at our gym pay over $220 for 9 hours- and $195 for 6 hours. We have the lowest rates in our area.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back