WAG Sophia Texas Prime Nastia Qualifier

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Wow....when Sophia got hurt in October and had to have ankle surgery I sure didn't expect her to compete in January and surely not to qualify to the Nastia Liukin Cup. She did her first floor routine since the surgery two days before the meet with watered down tumbling. She did modified routines on every event except beam. So fun to see her out there!!!

I saw this and was so happy for her!!!!!!! We had not heard much from you since the surgery so I had no idea she had made such a full recovery- way to go Sophia!!! Have fun in March!

That is impressive considering how she is just now getting back to competing! I saw her name mentioned on flogymnastics and was thrilled to hear that she qualified for the Nastia Liukin Cup. Is she just going to concentrate on level 10 this season since she is still recovering? I know that she performed well in the Hopes division last season.
In consult with her coaches, she has decided to stay a level 10 and achieve some balance between gymnastics and academics in the hopes of going to Medical School after college. Long term goals....short term adjustment of goals!

That's amazing!! Congrats to you both! I saw her 10.1 on bars on Flo gymnastics as well....beautiful!
I can honestly say....no one and I mean NO ONE was more surprised than Sophia. Lesson learned...with pure joy, few expectations and gratitude for the opportunity to do SOMETHING after surgery....she shined. I learned a valuable lesson too. I realized that I had gotten wrapped up in her goals....thrown in my own ego and added pressure to her. YIKES.....eye opening for sure. Now that she has truly taken ownership of her own path in this sport....I believe we will both be happier for it!

In consult with her coaches, she has decided to stay a level 10 and achieve some balance between gymnastics and academics in the hopes of going to Medical School after college. Long term goals....short term adjustment of goals!

I actually love to read this!! And I bet recruiters will be beating down your door!

In consult with her coaches, she has decided to stay a level 10 and achieve some balance between gymnastics and academics in the hopes of going to Medical School after college. Long term goals....short term adjustment of goals

lovofu - what an awesome statement. Thank you for the honesty you always put in your posts all these years. It is such a wonderful thing to see the parent of such a talented child look beyond this current moment in time. Good luck to both of you for the remainder of the season.

That is amazing- good good good for her- she has the talent and drive to do it all!! Hoping to see her shine in the NCAA- maybe Stanford =)

Sounds like a fantastic plan to me! Look forward to seeing her shine this season.

Sophia looks amazing! So very happy she has had such a good recovery and is back competing again. She is truly a joy to watch.

Lovofu, I definitely had mixed emotions reading this. I'm happy Sophia has found her path, and I'm sure she will be a fantastic doctor .... but- I am sad to hear we won't be seeing her on the elite stage. And if I'm feeling bittersweet, then I'm sure you are too.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back