Splits!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

P

pink123

Hey Guys-

I need serious help! I have never been flexible and never had any of my splits down. Im really close to my left side and have been stretching for the past few weeks almost every day, but i haven't been seeing much progress besides sore muscles :(. my coaches, teammates, parents are beginning to get frustrated with my lack of flexibility and i am the MOST frustrated! ......any suggestions? thanks!

what i found that really got me closer to my splits were over splits. Everytime i do them, i notice i get closer to the ground then before.
Try warming up, do youre regular stretching and then do over splits :)

If your coach if getting frustrated get him/her to stretch your splits with you. Your coach should know different partner streches for splits. Your teammates might be able to give you some tips as too how they got theres. Your coach could probably show your parents how to do some partner steching at home, so that they could help you.
Here are a couple so streches that we do with partners. For the first one lie on your back, lift your leg up and get someone to push it down, towards your head. For the second one go on one knee with someone standing behind you and get them to lift your leg up. The same thing can be done next to a wall with someone in front of you. Life for 15 seconds, then push against them for 15, lift again, repeat 3 times.
For middles, sit with your back against a wall in straddle, and get someone to push both of your legs/feet towards the wall with there feet. Then turn around and sit in straddle facing the wall and get someone to push you in closer to the wall. Then you can do wall splits. Lie on your back with your entire legs on the wall and let them falll down towards the ground. Kind of like dowing splits upside down. Relax and let gravity do the work. This works best with a pair of ankle weights on.

Maybe you could try going on youtube.com to look up videos and that might be better. my channel is 2GymnastChicks and i have a video called how to get good splits. you could try that but i dont know if that will help you get them down more but it might help!!! You dont have to look at my video you could just search how to get your splits down or something....sorry if this doesnt help...im not flexible myself!

turbo-streching

well what my coaches do they jumbo-streth you
it isn't as bad as it sounds.
for left/right leg splits:
first you will lie down on the flood with one leg in the air the other on the ground.you coach will lean on the leg in the air toward your face,and there legs will me keeping the leg on the ground in place.
for middle splits:
lay on your back with your legs above your hips in a straddle,you coach will press on your legs.
this is what i had to do now all of them are down.

hope this helps you!:)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back